Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Fri 19, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Zenith 12-S-232 on Facebook
PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 1:44 am 

sofaslug wrote:
Can anyone post a picture of this radio?

Bob

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 7726725698

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 2:18 am 

hoffies2 wrote:
sofaslug wrote:

Bob

Like the link in the original post, all that does is put me on a FB Marketplace search page within a 2 - 100 mile radius of where I live.

Bob

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 2:47 am 

sofaslug wrote:
hoffies2 wrote:
sofaslug wrote:

Bob

Like the link in the original post, all that does is put me on a FB Marketplace search page within a 2 - 100 mile radius of where I live.

Bob

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=349972

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 3:20 am 

I edited my original post to include 3 photos from the link.

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 3:37 am 

roguethistle wrote:
I edited my original post to include 3 photos from the link.

Thanks.

Bob

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 2:23 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
This whole topic is sad and I see it often on here. Someone stopped someone else from getting a steal. Kind of "ripping off a seller"? I tell sellers in many circumstances that their items are worth more. I understand the whole argument about someone 2nd or 3rd in line being a jerk and that is wrong but what If it was just someone who didn't want someone else getting taken advantage of?
I have had it happen to me when a seller says they found out it was worth more. I don't get mad at anyone but me. I sold a piece of furniture a few years ago that turned out to be a costly name brand from the early 1800's. I lost out on a ton of money but thats on me. I would love to have had someone tell me about it.

No, I did not mention anything to anyone involved in this post.

I see both sides.. It is hard to be forthcoming when it is such a good deal. It is also hard to watch some non radio person get robbed. People can do as they want but dont slight someone for being honest. If it is done out of spite then beat them! :twisted:

Honestly I wouldn't have felt a bit sorry for the seller if he had let this radio go for $200. The guy is obviously tech savvy enough to have a Facebook account, upload pictures, and even create an eBay auction. He is more than capable enough to look up his radio online and determine the rough market value. This is a highly desirable radio so there is plenty of information out there and completed eBay auctions where he could have easily determined a good asking price. If he didn't put any effort into researching what he was selling then letting it go for below market value would have been no one's fault other than his own.

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 3:03 pm 

sofaslug wrote:
hoffies2 wrote:
sofaslug wrote:

Bob

Bob

Sorry Bob, I had it mixed up with Craigslist, hardly ever see Facebook ads on ARF.

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 4:12 pm 

Jeremy S wrote:
....Honestly I wouldn't have felt a bit sorry for the seller if he had let this radio go for $200. The guy is obviously tech savvy enough to have a Facebook account, upload pictures, and even create an eBay auction. He is more than capable enough to look up his radio online .....
I wouldn't have felt bad either, but my point is that on something priced so far below market to expect some jerk/s to muddy up the deal. Unless you can pick it up very quickly or the seller honors the original deal it can get messy. Looking at the pictures it is rough, but still a great deal. Too bad the seller didn't have the ethics to honor the original deal.

Sadly it seems like honoring ones word is a fading characteristic of the times.

PostPosted: Nov Tue 27, 2018 4:53 pm 

Eliot Ness wrote:
Jeremy S wrote:
....Honestly I wouldn't have felt a bit sorry for the seller if he had let this radio go for $200. The guy is obviously tech savvy enough to have a Facebook account, upload pictures, and even create an eBay auction. He is more than capable enough to look up his radio online .....
I wouldn't have felt bad either, but my point is that on something priced so far below market to expect some jerk/s to muddy up the deal. Unless you can pick it up very quickly or the seller honors the original deal it can get messy. Looking at the pictures it is rough, but still a great deal. Too bad the seller didn't have the ethics to honor the original deal.

Has become a dog eat dog world of greed.. Don't trust anyone, keep your doors locked and security system on.

PostPosted: Dec Mon 17, 2018 11:46 am 

oldradiofox wrote:
Original price was $200. And yes, the transformer and chassis are a bit rusty. The grille cloth is not original, and the top looks like the finish has been sanded. But I recently got a 9 tube posted on CL for $675- I got it for $400, and it was in worse condition, but it's looking and playing fine now. This one has possibilities. He says he has reached out to radioattic to ask what he should sell it for.

Dan Fox

I don't remember this guy, but I never give an opinion on radio value. https://radioattic.com/radiovalue.htm

PostPosted: Dec Tue 18, 2018 2:25 am 

His FB ad is still up, accepting offers. I don't blame him for trying to get whatever he can out of it, and would have given him more for it to be fair. He's got kids and a mortgage-hopefully he gets a decent amount. Wonder what he is doing to try to sell it? Has anyone else seen this particular radio on any other sites, like Ebay?

Dan Fox

PostPosted: Dec Tue 18, 2018 1:21 pm 

hoffies2 wrote:
Eliot Ness wrote:
Jeremy S wrote:

Has become a dog eat dog world of greed.. Don't trust anyone, keep your doors locked and security system on.

I see it the opposite. WE are the dogs here. We wanted it cheap and to get a steal of a deal. WE say he should have researched it as an excuse. I dont go by what others think is right and i HAVE in the past told sellers the item is worth a lot more. A cash register came up by me for $100.00. It was a brass 1890's National worth $1300.00. I told him.. And YES I was the first in line. I lost out on a real nice radio last year because I offered more than the asking price to be fair. It was still a deal but not that much. The lady renegged due to it.

:p

PostPosted: Dec Tue 18, 2018 2:43 pm 

I shop mostly at local estate sales, make offers on items, if they except fine, if not ok too. I don't hang around and chat or tell the seller anything, its none of my business. Things are only worth the green which the buyer places in your hand. :)

PostPosted: Dec Tue 18, 2018 2:57 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
WE are the dogs here. We wanted it cheap and to get a steal of a deal. WE say he should have researched it as an excuse. I dont go by what others think is right and i HAVE in the past told sellers the item is worth a lot more.

I agree!

+1

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2