Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Mon 22, 2019 12:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordered by Mistake?
PostPosted: Dec Thu 20, 2018 3:28 am 

I recently bought some motion detector LED bulbs on eBay that were made in that famous country we all love but shipped from a US location. Unfortunately, they don't work (stay on all the time). I contacted the seller and asked for a refund and said they could have the bulbs back if a shipping label was sent. They replied that I should open a case and say I ordered them by mistake, and I would get a shipping label; I said no, the lamps are defective. They ask what I was trying to get (English may not be their 1st language), so I say again the lamps aren't working and I won't say I ordered by mistake.

Now, they had free shipping, but not free returns, so saying I ordered by mistake would make shipping charges my responsibility; they don't seem to get this (or, maybe they do). They just replied a 2nd time that I need to claim it was my mistake. Not gonna happen.

Time to escalate.

Post subject: Re: Ordered by Mistake?
PostPosted: Dec Thu 20, 2018 3:37 am 

I have been suspicious of those "stock in USA" sellers from over there. I just bought some voltage regulator chips that were like that, as the price was pretty darn good though. Presumably will not have any issues, I hope.

PostPosted: Dec Thu 20, 2018 6:10 am 

Sounds like pretty poor customer service to me. There have been times where I got something that didn't work, contacted the seller, and got an instant refund without even asking for one

PostPosted: Dec Thu 20, 2018 4:55 pm 

If it isn't a lot of money the aggravation isn't worth my time, I'd move on.

PostPosted: Dec Thu 20, 2018 8:58 pm 

Well, it's also the principal of the situation. I've had sellers from that country try a variety of shenanigans in order to Weasel out of paying a full refund; apparently it's just the way a lot of them do business.

Johnnysan is right in sticking to his guns, and needs to open a SNAD claim if they don't voluntarily come through on their own within a day or so more.