Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 19, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New eBay Invoice Tax Addition
PostPosted: Jul Wed 10, 2019 10:44 pm 

OldRestorer wrote:
I have now been bitched at by 2 buyers because the invoice shows the tax in the total.
I have had to explain it to them and one re-negged on the sale because of it..

:evil: :evil:

I guess sellers need to indicate that some States will charge sales tax and that it is automatically added into the invoice without the seller even seeing it. The fun never ends with Ebay.... :roll:

PostPosted: Jul Thu 11, 2019 12:06 am 

This is because of the Supreme Court ruling a while back allowing States to collect sales tax from mailorder businesses located in other states. Many states have since passed laws mandating sales tax from out of State sellers or mailorder business. So ebay is only following the law. Having them collect and remit to each State is a whole lot easier than you having to do it. Sales taxes also vary by zipcode so for a little guy to keep track and remit to every jurisdiction is ridiculous. If you sell something to a guy in Crook County the buyer pays 9% while most of the rest of IL pays 6.75%. I'm sure there will be a fee for this service sooner or later from ebay. Everything in IL cost more....Gas taxes just doubled and are now tied to inflation so they will keep going up forever automatically. Most of Crook County property taxes just went up 11%. Property taxes are so bad and have increased so fast that houses no longer appreciate in my area because people can't afford the monthly payment. In fact a lot of property is now depreciating due to the crazy taxes and the declining population of higher earners.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 11, 2019 12:15 am 

Crook County :lol: :lol:

-Steve

-Pre-War FM
Consoles and floor models, the bigger, the better!

PostPosted: Jul Thu 11, 2019 2:25 am 

matt's basement wrote:
Everything in IL cost more....Gas taxes just doubled and are now tied to inflation so they will keep going up forever automatically. Most of Crook County property taxes just went up 11%. Property taxes are so bad and have increased so fast that houses no longer appreciate in my area because people can't afford the monthly payment. In fact a lot of property is now depreciating due to the crazy taxes and the declining population of higher earners.

This is why there is a mass exodus from the Northern states to Southern States.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2