Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Mon 11, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: E-Bay seller's generous offer.
PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 4:40 pm 

I was looking for a 32V power supply for one of my radios. Checking E-Bay I found one that I thought might work. Advertised as variable controlled voltage up to 37V. Received unit and it's clearly marked up to 24V. I contacted him and he replied back that he could give me a 30% refund. Most generous. I guess now I have to go thru the process to get my money back.

Post subject: Re: E-Bay seller's generous offer.
PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 5:10 pm 

I've run across the same thing on other items. When you complain that they are not as advertised, they offer a discount and beg you not to give them a bad rating. They know it is a hassle to get your money back so most people will take the discount and go on.

Jay

PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 5:38 pm 

Location: ZIP 23831 South of Richmond, VA 25 miles down the pike.
Might be a bit of hassle. But you tell ebay it's not as described, seller pays return shipping and you get your money. Ebay favors the buyers.

Bill J.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 6:16 pm 

Really not much of a hassle. File a NAD complaint with Ebay and send them a picture of the supply showing 24v. If the seller wants it back, Ebay will send you a return label on the sellers dime. Depending on what it cost, it may not be worth it for the seller to pay return shipping and they might refund you and tell you to keep it.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 8:27 pm 

Even with a 30% refund, you'd still be stuck with a power supply that you wern't looking for and don't need. Get the refund.

PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 8:43 pm 

30% low on volts, 30% refund, seems fair to me. :lol:

PostPosted: Jul Sat 06, 2019 10:51 pm 

Definitely go for the refund. Use "Item Not As Described". I received a speaker today for my Detrola 183
project. Perfect size, right field coil resistance, perfect cone. Seller wadded up a big chunk of what looked
like a sleeping bag ground camping mat, pushed the speaker into the mess and taped the box closed. I
got a speaker with a destroyed cone. I've already received a refund, including shipping and sales tax paid.

BTW, PayPal is being taken over by Synchrony Bank this weekend (the bank that already ate CareCredit), so
it is pretty messed up online. Things will be better and easier once there is only one company for every aspect
of our lives.

Dale

PostPosted: Jul Sun 07, 2019 12:18 am 

Like the time that I got the 20s radio that turned out to be ate up inside and had that aroma of dead mice that you cannot make go away. I think the best I got out of the seller was half off. Turned out to be a parts radio, is all. The parts that weren't ate up. His photos had the shadows in just the right place. He swore the powerful funk from the mouse chewed case was not there when he had it.

PostPosted: Jul Sun 07, 2019 10:24 am 

DaleMidori wrote:

BTW, PayPal is being taken over by Synchrony Bank this weekend (the bank that already ate CareCredit), so
it is pretty messed up online. Things will be better and easier once there is only one company for every aspect
of our lives.

Dale

Actually, Paypal is NOT being taken over by Synchrony Bank this weekend. Paypal agreed to sell its consumer credit assets (a tiny fraction of its business) to Synchrony last year for about $7 billion. Given that Paypal's market cap. is almost $140 billion, this means nothing except that Paypal just dumped one of its biggest headaches on someone else. But like you, I'm looking forward to the day when one company is able to serve all our needs, from conception to death. Won't that be great? :D

PostPosted: Jul Mon 08, 2019 7:23 pm 

Update: Seller first offered a 30% refund, now is offering 80 cents more.(????) I gave them 2 chances, now to go thru channels.

PostPosted: Jul Mon 08, 2019 10:18 pm 

Go for it. Burn his tush. Any profit he may have been banking on now will be eaten up with 2 shipping cost he has to eat. That doesn't sound like a good business transaction to me. What would tick me off the most is he knows he's shipping a 24V P/S and the customer is expecting a 37V P/S.
His primary job is a used car salesman.

Freeman

PostPosted: Jul Mon 08, 2019 11:03 pm 

You were the generous one waiting this long, I would have filed a NDA claim after his first insult.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 11, 2019 5:49 pm 

I bought an Astron LS-10A 24 volt power supply. It has an internal voltage adjustment potentiometer. It works nicely with 32 volts out.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 11, 2019 7:28 pm 

Nomad- The LS-10A 24 looks like it would work, but I just wanted something to power a farm radio (36V) that I don't plan on keeping. Not cost effective for me. Thanks for the info though. After filing an official report for a refund, I received a full refund. But now the look goes on for another power supply solution.