Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Fri 06, 2019 9:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Magnavox Windsor console
PostPosted: Sep Mon 16, 2019 5:09 pm 

Not my cup of tea, but a beautiful high end, high power unit. Only $150. Hopefully it has the electronics and single horn.
https://denver.craigslist.org/atq/d/aur ... 96342.html

Attachments:
mag_windsor_1.jpg
mag_windsor_1.jpg [ 110.01 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]
mag_windsor_2.jpg
mag_windsor_2.jpg [ 103.1 KiB | Viewed 495 times ]

Post subject: Re: Magnavox Windsor console
PostPosted: Sep Mon 16, 2019 7:30 pm 

I picked up one of these at an estate sale, a couple of months ago. I think I paid $100 for it. I would like to find the top hutch section, with the tv, for mine.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 17, 2019 4:51 pm 

It so looks like a TV combo. I wonder if it has the original phono in it? So often they were swapped out for multi-speed units. Unfortunately it wouldn't matter a whole lot because the desirability/value is low. The seller is likely not going to have a chance to sell it until they cut that price in half. It's hard to accept with the beautiful piece of furniture it is. Back in circa '49, especially with the top TV section, that was quite a quality entertainment center.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 17, 2019 10:18 pm 

A later version with the 4 knobs across the bottom of the radio. Maybe circa 1949/1950.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 17, 2019 11:28 pm 

This is a beautiful console. I have one in my living room. Well, well worth the listing price and then some. Runs a quad of 6L6s, has great performance and if it's got the Stephens TRU-Sonic electrodynamic horn tweeter (some do, some don't), it's worth $1K+ in parts alone. I wouldn't part mine out but it's something to consider for resale value should you ever need to unload it.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 17, 2019 11:34 pm 

Diverted wrote:
This is a beautiful console. I have one in my living room. Well, well worth the listing price and then some. Runs a quad of 6L6s, has great performance and if it's got the Stephens TRU-Sonic electrodynamic horn tweeter (some do, some don't), it's worth $1K+ in parts alone. I wouldn't part mine out but it's something to consider for resale value should you ever need to unload it.

Just to be fair, I agree it's a nice quality piece. As always though, the problem with these large contemporary styled credenza's, when it comes to value, is that very few have the space for it. That's the one single reason that it's tough sell.

PostPosted: Sep Wed 18, 2019 12:16 am 

decojoe67 wrote:
Diverted wrote:

Just to be fair, I agree it's a nice quality piece. As always though, the problem with these large contemporary styled credenza's, when it comes to value, is that very few have the space for it. That's the one single reason that it's tough sell.

That's one reason why I wouldn't want it. I've had the big Capehart and Scott radio/phono combos and sold all of them. The Laureate combo in the garage may not make it into the house.