Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 09, 2019 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I think Ebay is messing over me
PostPosted: Sep Wed 18, 2019 8:52 pm 

One of my biggest complaints with the Ebay accounting department is that they claim I owe them "x-amount"; but, when I look at the account summary, the figures don't add up. I know the rest of it is shipping; but, if they are going to charge me for it, there ought to be a summary of everything (final value fee, shipping fee, and whatever FedEx charged).

Sometimes, I think they are screwing over me. I've already paid them a big wad this month and today, I decided to check my account balance to make sure I didn't owe them anything. I said a few choice words when I got on there and saw where I owe them almost $100; bu, there is nothing in my account summary that adds up to that.

My PayPal balance generally looks pretty good....until all the fees come out and then it does not look so hot.

I don't mind paying what I owe; but, I certainly don't want to get screwed over. Ebay certainly needs to do a better job at itemizing everything (if they say I owe it; then, let's see it in print).

I just got back on there and found all the shipping fees and I think I figured out where the new bill is coming from; but, I don't like thinking that I have them paid off and then I get a surprise.

Post subject: Re: I think Ebay is messing over me
PostPosted: Sep Wed 18, 2019 9:30 pm 

Their monthly invoice to me always lists every charge separately, final value fee on the item, and another for the shipping.

PostPosted: Sep Wed 18, 2019 10:15 pm 

Somewhat related. I just bought 2 items from the same seller. I clicked on one to pay and it added both together. I clicked OK and paid with PayPal. The total looked a little high and when I added it up minus shipping on one item because it was riding in the bigger box, it came out $10.12 to high. I sent a message to the seller who said he would check it out. He came back with "I have no idea what Ebay is doing. I have credited your PayPal $10. Thank you for the positive feed back." I don't think he was screwing with me because I have bought quit a few parts from him and the last few had a note inside with my name on it.

Freeman

PostPosted: Sep Thu 19, 2019 5:47 pm 

I ordered some small connectors from two auctions from the same seller. I asked them if they would combine shipping as the shopping cart showed a big shipping bill for two very small items. The seller said go in the shopping cart and request a total or invoice so they could send a total with combined ship and ebay would not allow it. So I ended up having to buy the wasted shipping fees and get a refund from the seller.

PostPosted: Sep Thu 19, 2019 8:54 pm 

wazz wrote:
I ordered some small connectors from two auctions from the same seller. I asked them if they would combine shipping as the shopping cart showed a big shipping bill for two very small items. The seller said go in the shopping cart and request a total or invoice so they could send a total with combined ship and ebay would not allow it. So I ended up having to buy the wasted shipping fees and get a refund from the seller.

I've had the same thing happen to me, more than once.

PostPosted: Sep Thu 19, 2019 9:49 pm 

wazz wrote:

I've had that happen before, when more than one shipping charge was posted by eBay, when buying several items from the same seller.

I simply message the seller, and ask them to send me an invoice listing all items and a combined shipping charge. Once they do, I pay from that.