Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Sat 06, 2020 8:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Seeburg electromatic 100c
PostPosted: Mar Mon 23, 2020 2:51 pm 

Hi out there
I need your help
I have a Seeburg electromatic 100c who stopped wanting to play a record.
The turntable car run left and right
I press my manuel credit button and the the select light comes on
I press a letter and it holds the button
I press a number and the butooms releise
And the credit wheel advantages
But no othe relay or other things happen!
Can anyone help

PS: do you know off any Seeburg gury in Denmark?

Post subject: Re: Seeburg electromatic 100c
PostPosted: Mar Mon 23, 2020 6:34 pm 

There are too many things that will cause the symptoms you describe. The first thing to do is to get a service manual. There are troubleshooting charts which will guide you. It will help if you have some electrical/electronic experience, because to troubleshoot, you will need to know how to use a multi-meter and how to safely negotiate your way around critical voltage lines.
However, for now, I would say that the most common issue to tackle on an old jukebox are the contact points. There are several of them on relays on the selection receiver, and a dense group of them on the front of the carriage. With age, they become oxidized, and will not conduct properly, especially with a machine that has not been used for a long time. Also, that dense group on the front of the carriage has some contacts which have a critical timing, or overlap. Cleaning the contacts usually corrects the problem. Before cleaning them, check each one for continuity (where possible) and try to clean only the ones which have resistance, or show an open connection. The service manual will show where all the relays are, and how to adjust them. Sometimes, simply working the selection buttons pair over and over again can cause the contacts to self clean.
Hopefully this will steer you in the right direction.
Cheers, Russie