Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Fri 20, 2019 9:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pretty cool the vintage radios we listen to
PostPosted: Dec Fri 21, 2018 6:21 am 

I was born in 67 so radio shows were before my time but I find it ironic that the radios we restore and the old radio shows we listen today would be the same radio and radio show that someone listen to some 70 years ago, that is pretty cool 8) 8) 8)

Post subject: Re: Pretty cool the vintage radios we listen to
PostPosted: Dec Sat 22, 2018 7:24 pm 

You are right. I was born in 1945 so as a kid I got to listen to some OTR live. Mostly Jack Benny and Gang Busters, that I can remember. Today I have vintage radios from the 40's that can play my recordings of those vintage shows. The sound of those shows coming through a Zenith console are just great, brings back the whole experience from the days of being a kid. None of the younger generation understand the kick I get out of it, their loss.

Regards,
Don

Post subject: Re: Pretty cool the vintage radios we listen to
PostPosted: Dec Mon 24, 2018 1:46 am 

Old Tube wrote:
You are right. I was born in 1945 so as a kid I got to listen to some OTR live. Mostly Jack Benny and Gang Busters, that I can remember. Today I have vintage radios from the 40's that can play my recordings of those vintage shows. The sound of those shows coming through a Zenith console are just great, brings back the whole experience from the days of being a kid. None of the younger generation understand the kick I get out of it, their loss.

Regards,
Don

Yep their loss for sure.