Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 06, 2022 2:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Another good thing comes to an end..
PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2022 3:51 am 

I knew it was bound to happen-CHML(900,AM) in Hamilton,Ontario is no longer playing old radio programs weeknights as they have done for years from 10:00pm-1:00am(EST).

Of course,the OTR shows were canned in favor of yet another mind-numbingly boring talk program that I will absolutely never listen to.The upside-they will still be playing OTR on weekends starting at 10:00pm EST on Saturdays and 9:00pm EST on Sunday nights.Zoomer Radio 740,is still hanging in there with OTR shows weeknights at 10:00pm EST.

Last edited by Mike C. on Feb Sat 05, 2022 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Another good thing comes to an end..
PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2022 3:40 pm 

I found the same ting here in Calgary. CHQR used to play OTR every night from 11 PM
They have put some so called talk show called the ''shift'' in place of it and it is crap.
it seems like you just can't get any decent programs any more
Dan in Calgary.

PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2022 3:46 pm 

I enjoyed the OTR over the air from 740 in Toronto, but the reception here is sometimes poor, so I succumbed to the reliability of the internet and I listen to OTR streams at night now. I used to listen to another station a bit higher on the band above 740, so that may have been 900 .... I could only get it intermittently. They didn't tune their broadcast to go my direction (north) LOL

PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2022 6:00 pm 

John Bartley wrote:
They didn't tune their broadcast to go my direction (north) LOL

Probably because you never asked..... :wink:

This time of year,I have a hard time receiving CHML reliably.I believe the programming change occurred a while ago(possibly,this past Monday),I just didn't notice until last night because conditions up till then have been horrible.

I might have to break down and build/buy a transmitter.I had an SSTRAN,but I was foolish and sold it.

WBCQ up in Monticello,Maine plays OTR weeknights(6.160MHz) starting at 7:00pm EST,but once again,I can't seem to get them with any kind of regularity-their signal shoots right over me here in central NH.

PostPosted: Feb Fri 04, 2022 5:06 am 

Old time radio shows can also be heard seven nights a week from 12:00 midnight until 7:00 AM EST on
Toronto station CHIN-AM 1540. It is a multicultural station during the day but for 7 hours all night
old radio shows are aired. Its power is 50,000 watts by daytime and 30,000 watts at night. With a sensitive receiver you may be able to pick it up over the air or you can listen online at the CHIN 1540
website.

PostPosted: Feb Sat 05, 2022 3:24 am 

mojo55 wrote:
Old time radio shows can also be heard seven nights a week from 12:00 midnight until 7:00 AM EST on
Toronto station CHIN-AM 1540.
website.

I looked at CHIN's nighttime antenna pattern-doesn't look to good for me here in central NH.The signal doesn't radiate very far East,unlike CHML's.They're also radiating about 20,000 less watts,too.

I'll definitely give it a shot,though with the old DX-440 on the outdoor wire.There's an extremely low-power rock station out of NY on the same frequency as CHML, and some nights it actually overpowers CHML-so you never know.

Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 16, 2022 1:55 am 

I enjoy streaming WNAR through my SS-TRAN to most of my radio's. Probably been talked about before, but thought i would bring it up again. If you enjoy all the oldies.

https://wnaram.com/
https://wnaram.com/wnar-program-schedule/

tony

PostPosted: Nov Sun 06, 2022 3:47 pm 

Tony F wrote:
I enjoy streaming WNAR through my SS-TRAN to most of my radio's. Probably been talked about before, but thought i would bring it up again. If you enjoy all the oldies.

https://wnaram.com/
https://wnaram.com/wnar-program-schedule/

tony

Seems like this is all religious programming now.