Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 15, 2019 6:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Another shoutout for Sal
PostPosted: Nov Fri 15, 2019 4:00 pm 

As some of ya'll know I restore lots of radios for the California Historical Radio Society. We have an upcoming christmas show. That meant 30+ radios needed to be restored. In the midst of that I ran out of caps because obviously I wasn't paying attention. Anyway. I sent a email to Sal for an emergency order, he packed it up and sent in less that 24 hours. Great service! Thanks again Sal!

Post subject: Re: Another shoutout for Sal
PostPosted: Nov Fri 15, 2019 5:08 pm 

Nice. He's one of us so he knows what it's like to be capless.

PostPosted: Nov Fri 15, 2019 5:23 pm 

Sal is a great source of parts for us, but the thought of tackling 30 radios seems overwhelming to me.

PostPosted: Nov Fri 15, 2019 6:15 pm 

I have this mental image of you throwing a shower of capacitors at eager little radios, each one jumping up and down to get your attention and shouting "Me! Me! Me!"

PostPosted: Nov Fri 15, 2019 11:18 pm 

A while ago I was starting a restore and this radio used a lot of the same size caps and I only had 2. No sense ordering one size so I made up a list of others I was a little low on. Parts arrived and the ones I needed weren’t in the box. I checked my order form and sure enough I forgot to add the size I really needed. I fired off another order explaining my screw up. He shipped that day with no shipping charge and I don’t restore a lot of radios like some of you, so my orders aren’t real big.
A class act person.

Freeman

PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 10:21 pm 

Freeman wrote:
A while ago I was starting a restore and this radio used a lot of the same size caps and I only had 2. No sense ordering one size so I made up a list of others I was a little low on. Parts arrived and the ones I needed weren’t in the box. I checked my order form and sure enough I forgot to add the size I really needed. I fired off another order explaining my screw up. He shipped that day with no shipping charge and I don’t restore a lot of radios like some of you, so my orders aren’t real big.
A class act person.

Freeman

+10

Dan

PostPosted: Nov Tue 19, 2019 4:03 am 

Thank you Bob and everyone else who purchased from me.
I sensed the urgency from Bob's email to me, it was a large order but the good thing it was only 3 values of capacitors so it was quick for me to count, pack and ship them to Bob.

As most of you know, I am a one man shop, working out of my basement while working a full time job with IBM (42 years 4 months but whose counting...) and many times I get real busy with orders so it might take a few days to get your order out but most times I will ship your order with a day or 2. The killer is when I have to pack an order of multiple values and label each envelope, some times 50 or more individual bags!

Please let me know if you are in urgent need of capacitors and I will get them out asap as long as it is not abused by everyone. Sometimes I make an error packing the orders like send a wrong value capacitor but as some of you know, I never ask you to ship the wrong capacitors back, I let you keep them.

I also have Parkinson's Disease and that will slow me down until my medicine kicks in which takes about one hour, I try to take my meds every 4 hours so I don't hit that low spot.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Regards,
Sal

PostPosted: Nov Tue 19, 2019 9:55 pm 

Thanks Sal - I too am a happy customer. Funny thing happened is that I found a large order on my workbench in the garage that had many caps in it and about the same order in the basement workbench from last spring. Old age is getting me as I must have ordered stuff that I needed twice, not remembering it was in the garage. I should be set for a while! Good luck with the Parkinson's, I am sorry to hear that.

PostPosted: Nov Wed 20, 2019 6:18 am 

Thank you..

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 5:01 pm 

Sal is my go-to for caps, and other items. Good service as well.
RW

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 5:20 pm 

And boy did they arrive in the nick of time too. I literally ran out of caps one night, the next day the caps arrived.