Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Sun 09, 2020 6:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Crime dramas on TV
PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 2:41 am 

My evening windown ritual is watching an episode or two of "The First 48" on the TV. Don't watch much TV but crime shows are interesting to me. Anyways, the popo are always trying to get the susspecks to confess, yadda, yadda. I get it, part of their job. I am amazed at how many murder and even capital murder perps confess without a lawyer. Now, I am in no way defending these dirtbags but cringe just a little when they spill the beans. My other former fav show was LivePD but can't watch that without cable. The only show I miss...

Post subject: Re: Crime dramas on TV
PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 3:15 am 

I used to watch the reality COPS shows alot. I really really do not care for police dramas. The only "police" show I find entertaining is Barney Miller reruns on the sub-channels and I liked when it was originally on, too. But that is more comedy less drama. I am not sure, but I would suppose alot of real police do not watch police dramas either. They would just have to suspend disbelief to overlook what they see as glaring errors in stuff.

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 3:29 am 

I love all those True Crime and Forensic type shows, not only crime but the Airplane & other disaster disaster investigations, I prefer watching the ones where they solve the case and I don't care for COPS at all, too much manufactured drama.

See No Evil (streaming on Amazon) was a really interesting one, they use actual surveillance footage to solve the crime, sometimes just a brief few seconds of footage can solve cases that would be impossible otherwise.

I've pretty much exhausted the supply of these types of shows on Amazon & Netflix.

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 4:56 am 

tbone8 wrote:
My evening windown ritual is watching an episode or two of "The First 48" on the TV. Don't watch much TV but crime shows are interesting to me. Anyways, the popo are always trying to get the susspecks to confess, yadda, yadda. I get it, part of their job. I am amazed at how many murder and even capital murder perps confess without a lawyer. Now, I am in no way defending these dirtbags but cringe just a little when they spill the beans. My other former fav show was LivePD but can't watch that without cable. The only show I miss...

I like 48 Hours also.
Get yourself a streaming device, I have a Firestick or three! You can find an apk (app) that will get A&E. I have
Mobdro as an APK that gets A&E, there are others. I just and checked started an episode of Live PD on IMBD tv, seems to be within the Amazon links. I've never seen that one before, but it works!.

I went to IMDB TV on my computer and found LIVE PD, looks like it is free, but you do need to sign up, check it out, it may work for you. I don't know how many of the episodes are there.
https://www.imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn&q=Live+PD&s=ep
Search Live PD, you may find a free stream for it.
If you are into news shows, this has them all, and archived way back.
https://topnewsshow.com/

If you get a Firestick, I recommend Mobdro, Cyberflix and Pluto TV. as useful APKs.

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 6:25 am 

I like to watch "Crime Noir" B rated feature films from the '30's - '50's. The scripts are generally very fast paced, so I'm not squirming around waiting for the flick to end, as has been the case with more recent fare. I also enjoy seeing the occasional old radios, old cars, and especially those gorgeous 1940's women... :wink:

The best prints seem to be on TCM, but there are a few internet sites that carry them, and there's a whole bunch on You Tube, so they're easy to find. I use a gaming Steam device to send it from the PC to my big screen in the family room.

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 5:55 pm 

I guess I can agree with the occasional old B/W movie like above. Anyone ever see Boston Blackie movies? Fast pace does tend to hold your attention in those kind.

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 6:56 pm 

Eric H wrote:
I love all those True Crime and Forensic type shows, not only crime but the Airplane & other disaster disaster investigations, I prefer watching the ones where they solve the case and I don't care for COPS at all, too much manufactured drama.

See No Evil (streaming on Amazon) was a really interesting one, they use actual surveillance footage to solve the crime, sometimes just a brief few seconds of footage can solve cases that would be impossible otherwise.

I've pretty much exhausted the supply of these types of shows on Amazon & Netflix.

See No Evil is an interesting one, I enjoyed watching it

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 9:16 pm 

Something I notice on almost all modern cop shows is that they are unaware of light switches. Even when they are not trying to be stealthy they go into unoccupied houses and run around with flashlights instead of turning the lights on.

RRM

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 10:05 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
fifties wrote:
I like to watch "Crime Noir" B rated feature films from the '30's - '50's. The scripts are generally very fast paced, so I'm not squirming around waiting for the flick to end, as has been the case with more recent fare. I also enjoy seeing the occasional old radios, old cars, and especially those gorgeous 1940's women... :wink:

The best prints seem to be on TCM, but there are a few internet sites that carry them, and there's a whole bunch on You Tube, so they're easy to find. I use a gaming Steam device to send it from the PC to my big screen in the family room.

We also like TCM, as well as the more modern crime/detective shows from the BBC.

What I would really like to find are the OTR shows that made it to television. I have a found a few Dragnet shows, but not much else.

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 10:57 pm 

John Bartley wrote:
fifties wrote:

We also like TCM, as well as the more modern crime/detective shows from the BBC.

What I would really like to find are the OTR shows that made it to television. I have a found a few Dragnet shows, but not much else.

Here's a list of some or all of them. If you go to You Tube and key in the titles, I'll bet you'll find the TV versions.
https://www.flavorwire.com/281349/a-his ... l-tv-shows

PostPosted: Nov Fri 22, 2019 12:18 am 

I've been watching 24 Hours In Police Custody and Code Blue: Murder on Britbox. The first one is a little like 48 hours but involves suspects in the lockup in a Luton precinct and their interrogation. the second involves accompanying Welsh cops investigating a murder. It's interesting to see how the stuff actually transpires and unlike the first 48 someone actually gets nicked as opposed to watching detectives chasing ghosts til the hours run out.