Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise


It is currently Oct Sun 17, 2021 11:31 am


All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 3:17 pm 
Member

Joined: May Mon 25, 2020 7:37 pm
Posts: 851
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Tom Schulz wrote:
tym wrote:
Here's a different one. FedEx delivered a package--but one intended to a different address. Their "virtual assistant" is no help and there is no customer service email address I can find. Guess I'll have to waste my time on permahold during the week... :|

How far away it that address? Perhaps just take it there.

Not far, but the package is too large to fit in my car.

Alan Voorhees wrote:
Go to: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/customer-support.html
Type in something like I received a package not addressed to me
> Enter the tracking number
> Follow the instructions.
I tried that, but the virtual assistant can't help with this issue and ultimately directs you to call...which I did this morning. The representative was hard to understand, but I think they understood...we'll see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 9358
Location: Baguio City, Philippines
I didn't say you were wrong, I said your link didn't say that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 3:47 pm 
Member

Joined: May Mon 25, 2020 7:37 pm
Posts: 851
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Alan Voorhees wrote:
...I said your link didn't say that.
Actually, no, but I replied to clarify nonetheless.

The package is gone, so somebody picked it up...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 5:22 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 13278
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
I have an order coming from DigiKey. I don't know if you have noticed but not everything on their website comes from them. Therefore, my order was split up into two orders; one from DigiKey and the other from NTE. Of course, two shipping charges. The items coming from DigiKey were listed to out for delivery on the truck and delivered yesterday (Sunday, 12 September). It didn't happen, but I don't really care. Today, it's listed again as on the truck and out for delivery. We'll see what happens! Again, just a "FedEx" observation, not a complaint. No mention of the items from NTE yet.

_________________
Don


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Wed 15, 2021 2:57 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:23 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Plymouth, MI
atwaterkent1 wrote:
A Grebe RORD I shipped to Austria was picked up by the USPS on August 17th. It showed up today at the international distribution center in Chicago today. Lets see, almost three weeks from Detroit to Chicago. I could have walked it there faster. :lol: It will probably take another six months to get to Austria at this rate. :(


Package just cleared Customs in Austria. Twenty seven days so far, last time it took twenty five days to reach the same place. :roll:

_________________
Dan

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Wed 15, 2021 11:22 am 
Member

Joined: Jan Tue 07, 2020 1:41 am
Posts: 4360
Location: Belleview, FL 34420
USPS lost package sent to TX and I have to refund buyer and still pay for the parcel postage. Basically, not their problem and they wash their hands of the issue. Who else in the USA can do this?

_________________
NAVY JACK FLAG- 'Don't Tread on Me'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Wed 15, 2021 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 9358
Location: Baguio City, Philippines
jimbenedict wrote:
USPS lost package sent to TX and I have to refund buyer and still pay for the parcel postage. Basically, not their problem and they wash their hands of the issue. Who else in the USA can do this?

That's what insurance is for.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 12:46 am 
Member

Joined: May Mon 25, 2020 7:37 pm
Posts: 851
Location: Greater Boston, MA
I ordered some cloth-covered wire from Sundial Wire, which is about 90 miles from me. Order placed early AM yesterday and received at my doorstep today. So a point for USPS Priority mail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 2:31 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:23 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Plymouth, MI
atwaterkent1 wrote:
atwaterkent1 wrote:
A Grebe RORD I shipped to Austria was picked up by the USPS on August 17th. It showed up today at the international distribution center in Chicago today. Lets see, almost three weeks from Detroit to Chicago. I could have walked it there faster. :lol: It will probably take another six months to get to Austria at this rate. :(


Package just cleared Customs in Austria. Twenty seven days so far, last time it took twenty five days to reach the same place. :roll:


Package arrived today, finally! RORD arrived in good condition. Whew!

_________________
Dan

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 3:51 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 23663
Location: Haledon, NJ, usa
US 1st class stamps are 58 cents now right?
Well... On Ebay ....I saw an unopened.. roll of 100 forever (2017 us flag 55-cent) for only $19.99 from China with $1.32 tax FREE shipping..
[ 83.3% positive
]
FROM China... due Oct 1st-18th

How can I pass up the "deal"?
But... will it arrive as stated?
How can China sellers do this and make money?
Counterfeit?
.... only "The Shadow" knows?

_________________
To be a man, Be a non-conformist, Nothing's sacred as the integrity of your own mind.
-Emerson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 3:59 am 
Member

Joined: May Mon 25, 2020 7:37 pm
Posts: 851
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Pbpix wrote:
US 1st class stamps are 58 cents now right?
Well... On Ebay ....I saw an unopened.. roll of 100 forever (2017 us flag 55-cent) for only $19.99 from China with $1.32 tax FREE shipping..
[ 83.3% positive
]
FROM China... due Oct 1st-18th

How can I pass up the "deal"?
But... will it arrive as stated?
How can China sellers do this and make money?
Counterfeit?
.... only "The Shadow" knows?
You just bought fake stamps. Congratulations.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 4:00 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 23663
Location: Haledon, NJ, usa
tym wrote:
Pbpix wrote:
US 1st class stamps are 58 cents now right?
Well... On Ebay ....I saw an unopened.. roll of 100 forever (2017 us flag 55-cent) for only $19.99 from China with $1.32 tax FREE shipping..
[ 83.3% positive
]
FROM China... due Oct 1st-18th

How can I pass up the "deal"?
But... will it arrive as stated?
How can China sellers do this and make money?
Counterfeit?
.... only "The Shadow" knows?
You just bought fake stamps. Congratulations.

Well.. maybe.. seems like it.
BUT how do you know this for sure?

I would think Ebay will indemnify me from responsibility if they are fake.

My order details still show delivery as anticipated.
.. however the posted listing has now been removed... so I don't know what that means?

Here's the EBAY official policy:
" Forever Stamps can be sold by eligible sellers only

Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account."

_________________
To be a man, Be a non-conformist, Nothing's sacred as the integrity of your own mind.
-Emerson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 4:49 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:23 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Plymouth, MI
The "removed" means the stamps were fake or the seller wasn't authorized to sell them. Several years ago I bought some new software off of EBay. Once you paid, you could download it immediately. I did and it worked fine. A couple days later it was "removed".

_________________
Dan

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 5:16 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 23663
Location: Haledon, NJ, usa
atwaterkent1 wrote:
The "removed" means the stamps were fake or the seller wasn't authorized to sell them. Several years ago I bought some new software off of EBay. Once you paid, you could download it immediately. I did and it worked fine. A couple days later it was "removed".

However my order details are still there showing the anticipated delivery.

I sent a msg to seller via Ebay asking what's up? and Ebay is in the loop now.

Update:
today Ebay sent an email indicating it has shipped w/a tracking number...
That number simply show that ir is in transit... due between oct 1-18

However the weird part now is that in "MyEbay purchase history" the sale no longer shows up.
But Ebay sent a thank you for another purchase email ... lol

Eventually ... whatever.. if they don't show up Ebay will refund.
I have no other way of determining fake from real as i don't have UV lights or whatever... lol

and as I write this Ebay just sent this:
"Hi Peter,

The seller has provided shipping information.

If you receive the item, you can close this request.

Seller's message:
"Dear customer, your product is being shipped, the tracking number is: ES10016305291740001010001E0N, please be patient"

_________________
To be a man, Be a non-conformist, Nothing's sacred as the integrity of your own mind.
-Emerson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 10:48 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:23 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Plymouth, MI
That's not a tracking number, that's a novel! :lol:

_________________
Dan

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Thu 16, 2021 10:56 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr Sun 23, 2017 11:22 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: 44035 (Near Cleveland Ohio)
Peter - - I've been buying "forever" stamps for years on ebay. They've all been legit, but the price was only about 15-20% below retail, and they were shipped from the USA. Most have a return shipping address of "convenience" stores. I suspect they take them as payment for their customers who buy Wild Irish Rose. . . or Old English 40-oz. . Postage stamps are also a form of prison currency, but who knows how that really works. However, $20 bucks for $58 of stamps sounds fishy to me. . .

Dan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Sat 18, 2021 2:58 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:23 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Plymouth, MI
What else do you know about prison life Dan? :wink:

_________________
Dan

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Sun 19, 2021 11:21 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: May Sun 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Posts: 2104
Location: SW, MI
lol, that or he watches to much Netflix.

_________________
only the dead fish go with the flow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Sun 19, 2021 11:26 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr Sun 23, 2017 11:22 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: 44035 (Near Cleveland Ohio)
atwaterkent1 wrote:
What else do you know about prison life Dan? :wink:


Precious little, thank goodness. A neighbor's wife was a prison guard, and happened to mention it one night after a bonfire and a few brews. I didn't get the details (or promptly forgot them).

Dan

PS - - I never watched Netflix, FYI. I'm too cheap (frugal?). Am I missing something? 8)

EDIT: I had to look it up. Apparently it's a thriving business . . . . https://www.prisonstampexchange.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Mon 20, 2021 10:36 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: May Sun 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Posts: 2104
Location: SW, MI
SparkyDan wrote:
atwaterkent1 wrote:
What else do you know about prison life Dan? :wink:


Precious little, thank goodness. A neighbor's wife was a prison guard, and happened to mention it one night after a bonfire and a few brews. I didn't get the details (or promptly forgot them).

Dan

PS - - I never watched Netflix, FYI. I'm too cheap (frugal?). Am I missing something? 8)

EDIT: I had to look it up. Apparently it's a thriving business . . . . https://www.prisonstampexchange.com/

Na, your not missing anything. ever time I get a free mouth of streaming service, its the same old stuff. No new content, Hulu just sent me a free month again, not sure I will watch it..
I remember the days when you would be approached by someone in the store selling discounted food stamp coupons. Never purchased any, but know some that have and you can usually get them for 0.50 on the dollar. :shock:

_________________
only the dead fish go with the flow


Top
 Profile  
 
Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 421 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  


































Privacy Policy :: Powered by phpBB