Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Tue 26, 2021 7:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Everything USPS/UPS/FedEx Topic
PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 7:37 pm 

I don't expect overnight delivery; but, I do expect things to show up when they are supposed to and I'm tired of getting the runaround from FedEx. I'm up to 3 packages that are being held hostage at the local terminal and I'm just before going down there. I don't like getting loud and ugly; but, I will if I have to and if it means unloading every **** truck on that lot to find my packages, then they'd better get ready to do it because I'm not leaving with out them. Those packages are my property, they have not held up their end of the agreement, and frankly, they deserve to get an *** chewing.

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 9:02 pm 

radiotvnut wrote:
I don't expect overnight delivery; but, I do expect things to show up when they are supposed to and I'm tired of getting the runaround from FedEx. I'm up to 3 packages that are being held hostage at the local terminal and I'm just before going down there. I don't like getting loud and ugly; but, I will if I have to and if it means unloading every **** truck on that lot to find my packages, then they'd better get ready to do it because I'm not leaving with out them. Those packages are my property, they have not held up their end of the agreement, and frankly, they deserve to get an *** chewing.

You have no proof that your packages are actually at the local terminal. Getting into people's faces rarely brings positive results; telling them how to do their job has the opposite effect. Trespassing onto their property might lead to unpleasant consequences as well. You'll be leaving without them, I assure you. Make sure to have your bail bondsman's number in your wallet . . . 8)

Dan

PS - - I pity the cook who puts the wrong kind of pickles on your sandwich . . . :shock:

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 9:53 pm 

Tracking says they are here and somebody had better give me some satisfaction, and I'm not playing. If people are not doing their job, then maybe someone needs to get up in their face. I can tell you that if I was in charge, I'd fire every one of them.

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 10:12 pm 

radiotvnut wrote:
Tracking says they are here and somebody had better give me some satisfaction, and I'm not playing. If people are not doing their job, then maybe someone needs to get up in their face. I can tell you that if I was in charge, I'd fire every one of them.

I'm guessing that your meds are among the delayed shipments :x

Really, my friend, getting all riled up over things you can't control is bad for your blood pressure.
Getting "up in their face" accomplishes nothing; if anything, it makes things worse. You're not in charge, and most likely never will be, so give it a rest already. Maybe just use another shipper in the future?

Dan

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 10:58 pm 

If I had a choice, I would use another shipper; but, when ordering things, one is not often given a choice. No, it's not medication....it's hobby related; but, that is beside the point. The point is, they were hired to do a job, the stuff is supposedly sitting just a few miles away, and they keep yanking me around. When I pay them a visit, I will try to remain civil; but, if any of them get smart with me, they'll get it right back. I can also tell you that 30 years ago, this kind of crap didn't happen because companies went out of their way to provide good service. Now, all they go out of the way to do is take your money and then not deliver.

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 11:40 pm 

Fedex Update: Now Fedex is starting to require a signature if the sender requests it on delivery.

PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 12:13 am 

mrx wrote:
Fedex Update: Now Fedex is starting to require a signature if the sender requests it on delivery.

Surely that isn't new, is it?

PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 12:20 am 

tym wrote:
mrx wrote:

I stopped paying for "Signature Confirmation" with the USPS because the Letter Carrier is not allowed to get the recipient to sign for the package (Because of "You-Know-What") so they sign for the package.

PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 12:54 am 

Well, 2 out of 3 showed up this afternoon; so, that puts me in a little better mood. Hopefully, number 3 will show up soon and then I won't have to make a trip down there.

PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 11:33 pm 

I complained last week and look what I got Sunday? Never get Sunday deliveries?

Attachments:
20210912_125100.jpg
20210912_125100.jpg [ 2.81 MiB | Viewed 466 times ]

Last edited by ttx450cap on Sep Mon 13, 2021 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 11:40 pm 

Here's a different one. FedEx delivered a package--but one intended to a different address. Their "virtual assistant" is no help and there is no customer service email address I can find. Guess I'll have to waste my time on permahold during the week... :|

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 12:44 am 

We get Fedex Sunday deliveries regularly. USPS and Amazon too. Just today, for example - - - my wife ordered a bunch of stuff from Walmart. The order totaled about $75, but they broke it down into 4 shipments - - all Fedex. Today's lone package was a container of coffee - - worth about $8 - - and they shipped it from Texas. We're in Ohio. Gotta love the system . . . :lol:

Dan

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 12:46 am 

FedEx delivered my final late package this morning, along with another one that was meant for the neighbor on the next street over. The driver had already gone before I realized what happened; but, even had I given her package back to him, who knows what would have happened to it. We just simply ran it over to her and that way, we know she got it.

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 1:57 am 

radiotvnut wrote:
FedEx delivered my final late package this morning, along with another one that was meant for the neighbor on the next street over. The driver had already gone before I realized what happened; but, even had I given her package back to him, who knows what would have happened to it. We just simply ran it over to her and that way, we know she got it.

All's well that ends well. 8)

Dan

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 2:36 am 
Site Admin

Don Cavey wrote:
tym wrote:
mrx wrote:

I stopped paying for "Signature Confirmation" with the USPS because the Letter Carrier is not allowed to get the recipient to sign for the package (Because of "You-Know-What") so they sign for the package.

Deliveries here in the Philippines have none of the problems that the US has. There are no stolen packages and no inconclusive delivery signatures. When a courier delivers a package they take a photo of the recipient with the package. No signatures. No packages left if there isn't somebody to receive it.

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 3:30 am 

tym wrote:
Here's a different one. FedEx delivered a package--but one intended to a different address. Their "virtual assistant" is no help and there is no customer service email address I can find. Guess I'll have to waste my time on permahold during the week... :|

How far away it that address? Perhaps just take it there.

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 3:42 am 
Site Admin

Go to: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/customer-support.html
Type in something like I received a package not addressed to me
> Enter the tracking number
> Follow the instructions.

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 4:02 am 

Alan Voorhees wrote:
Deliveries here in the Philippines have none of the problems that the US has. There are no stolen packages and no inconclusive delivery signatures. When a courier delivers a package they take a photo of the recipient with the package. No signatures. No packages left if there isn't somebody to receive it.

I was surprised that the DR does not have "regular" mail or any such thing because too many workers would steal it all.
So you can not reasonably expect to get or send mail there.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=528933

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Pbpix wrote:
I was surprised that the DR does not have "regular" mail or any such thing because too many workers would steal it all.

That discussion doesn't say there is no mail service, and it certainly doesn't say anything about workers stealing the mail. It was postal mail there is really slow.

Mail sent from the US to the Philippines is really slow. The last letter I received took more than a month to reach the country (it was postmarked in the US and again when it reached Manila). Once here though, it took only four days to get to me. I try never to use the postal service because the house I live in doesn't have mail delivery. Anything sent to me had to be picked up at the Post Office nearby, except I have to get someone else to pick it up because it's inside a military base and entrance is currently restricted. Packages received there have a $3 charge due upon pickup. That seems expensive, but FedEx charges $12-$15 for local "handling" fees.

PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 2:30 pm 

Alan Voorhees wrote:
Pbpix wrote:

That discussion doesn't say there is no mail service, and it certainly doesn't say anything about workers stealing the mail. It was postal mail there is really slow.

You don't believe that I would make this kind of stuff up? .. sheeesh,
Ok ...I guess I must prove everything.... lol
This is VERY common knowledge among anyone familiar in any way with Dominican Republic life.
Google is rife with info to support these facts...
It's not like some rare tid-bit of myth or rumor... No. It's all over the place if you need to question it.

REF #1 My personal 1st hand info from my close friends/neighbors:
I have several neighbors each from different areas of the DR ... and all confirm that mail delivery is practically non-existant .. and all agree that theft is the main reason.

REF #2 From Quora Digest on-line:
How reliable is postal service in Dominican Republic?

Esa Myllylä
Answered January 27, 2017

I live In Dominican Republic, My recommend is, do not use the post office there. INPOSDOM, 90% of all letters & packets get stolen by postal workers,

It is 90% change that you do not get it delivered or send to the adress you want. Now everyone must show what inside on the post office before sending, this is to make sure if it not worth steal or not and more actually get the post in other countries, Remember 90 % is much but that is true, if there is some value they will steal it for sure."

REF:
https://www.quora.com/How-reliable-is-p ... n-Republic

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 430 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next