Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Fri 03, 2021 7:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: In home product testing: What's the catch?
PostPosted: May Sat 15, 2021 7:36 pm 

A relative wants part time work and one of these companies supposedly pays $25/hour for testing products. What's the catch?

https://online-american-product-evaluators.com/

https://ihpt.opinioninsight.com/page/5

Post subject: Re: In home product testing: What's the catch?
PostPosted: May Sat 15, 2021 8:18 pm 

A relative back east gets rewards such as new washers and driers just for sitting in front of the computer and do evaluations on products. I don't know much about it though. When I went on vacation I stayed at their residence and they showed me some of the products they got as rewards, one was a washer that had no regular agitator but spin disk on the bottom of the tub. It uses a technique of spraying short burst of water rather than filling up the tub. I was impressed and they also had a new dryer and refrigerator by doing this.

The problem I saw was they were too busy in front of the computer to really spend meaningful time with us. They were addicted.

My daughter had a job doing evaluations of Her experiences, when going to stores and making notes of friendliness of employees, cleanliness of stores and quality of foods served. (McDonald's -Burger King - Pizza stores and restaurants and grocery stores ). She would send in reports and get checks in the mail for that.

PostPosted: May Sat 15, 2021 8:18 pm 

They are just data harvesting scams.

Here is a typical complaint about one such "company":

"*************************************************************** **************. The "job" they advertised on ****** has not come to fruition for myself or the 4 friends who also applied. They are a real company and they probably do hire people to test products in their homes for $25/hr. HOWEVER, the actual number of these paid positions is TINY compared to the number of applicants. Their big business is the business of information, specifically yours and mine. *************************************************************** ************* paid surveys, most of which require you to consent to things such as all of your web browsing and purchasing behavior (including content of webpages visited), app usage, video streaming, and other online device activities being uploaded to whichever company is providing the survey. ******************"

PostPosted: May Sun 16, 2021 1:17 am 

Another version of this is, the company will send you crap to put together and then you send it back, and they pay you. Of course you have to pay for the materials and shipping, and when you send it back they claim that you did a shoddy job and they won't pay you. :x

PostPosted: May Sun 16, 2021 4:03 am 

My sister was a secret customer for Domino's Pizza in CA.
The last pizza she ordered around 1998 still hasn't arrived.....

Bob

PostPosted: May Sun 16, 2021 5:36 am 

Elvirafan wrote:
My sister was a secret customer for Domino's Pizza in CA.
The last pizza she ordered around 1998 still hasn't arrived.....

Bob

I wonder if the pizza was put into the mail?? Maybe by " in the year 2525 " it will arrive. no pun intended. Tom