Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sat 23, 2021 5:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: No inventory control
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 6:07 pm 

OldWireBender wrote:
Tim Tress wrote:
Business school graduates; you gotta love 'em....

MBA = Master of Business Assassination.

BTW, If you've got a minute, go to the Mouser website and search for "2N3904".

John

8,093Can Ship Immediately according to the Mouser website.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 14, 2021 9:01 pm 

My Stepdaughter picked out a specific light fitting for her kitchen from the stores on-line catalogue. I was sent off to go and pick one up armed with part number and price. Searched high and low for the fitting in the electrical department but no sign of any but there was one on the display stand and working. I finally found an assistant (they're very scarce, you know!) who went to the computer and dialled in the part number and it said "no stock". I said what about other stores, she did some jiggery-pokery and the computer replied "no longer stocked". I asked if I could buy the display model - she said no, they belong to a separate company and all the displays were being changed soon. I went back a week or so later for something else and there were all the old display stands piled up at the back of the store. The light fitting I wanted was just sitting there, so I grabbed it and took it through the checkout - the girl scanned the bar code and said $27.99c - I paid and took the receipt. The original price was about $75. Winner!

PostPosted: Sep Wed 15, 2021 1:42 am 

Went online to buy a cooler at Walmart. They had a more expensive one $$$ and a cheaper one that I wanted in the size I wanted. Showed they had six in stock. Called to make sure as it was a bit of a drive (local Walmart was out of the one I wanted). Got there and guess what. None. They had the more expensive one (+$100) but I really wasn't looking to spend that much on a cooler. On the way out I let the store manager know their inventory was off and I'd driven quite a ways after their employee assured me they had them. He checked inventory and told me to wait and he'd check to make sure they just didn't get moved. Nope, none. He apologized and then gave me the more expensive one for less than the cheaper one I was going to buy for my trouble. Their mistake but he more than made up for it.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2