Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sun 17, 2021 11:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Something Good I've Found
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 8:57 pm 

In the last 2 or 3 years I've begun to have arthritis pain in my hands and wrists. I also have pain in my shoulder due to a torn rotator cuff that I intend to have repaired soon. Last year at the drug store, I saw people were buying Voltaren cream like they were $20 bills going for $5. I got a tube and it said it wasn't for the arms or upper body. My doctor told me to use it anyway and gave me a prescription for it's generic. this stuff really works. It even eased my rotator cuff pain. I gave the voltaren to my sister who had been in tears with her arthritis pain. She was amazed too. I'm glad to have a prescription for it's generic, it's always sold out and voltaren is expensive.

Post subject: Re: Something Good I've Found
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 9:55 pm 

Thanks for the tip. Anything you can apply externally for pain relief is a bonus. I'm still borderline in that regard, but know it will get worse.

Post subject: Re: Something Good I've Found
PostPosted: Sep Mon 13, 2021 10:45 pm 

I have back pain that brings tears to your eyes. Doc gave me 2 different pain pills that worked great. Three days later, your backside is bound up tight as a drum. Not good. She also through in Lidocaine patch's. They cut the pain to livable and bodily fictions are back to normal with my morning coffee. A BIG YES to external medication. Pills can have a big plus side, but a big minus side effect sometimes. I start PT next week. They fixed the right side years ago. I'm banking they can do it again for the left side.

Freeman