Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Sun 15, 2019 8:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MARC "Vintage Electronics Expo" Sat Jan 26 MICHIGAN
PostPosted: Jan Mon 28, 2019 2:37 pm 

oldradioparts wrote:
Started a new posting for pix so you dont have to scroll way down here. See new topic post.
Mark Oppat

So now we have three threads all started by you with pictures from the one event? That's crazy, makes no sense at all. Combine them all in one. If someone wants to look back a year from now to see what happened at the 2019 event they will have a very difficult time finding them all without having to jump all over the place. The forum already has a feature to see new posts for members, so the scrolling is not an issue. Also, I'd rather have to scroll down rather than search for three different threads, and still not be sure there aren't more you've started for this.

PostPosted: Jan Mon 28, 2019 7:05 pm 

Another great thing about this show was we did not have a super nice weather day like last year where it became sunny and warm (well for Michigan- above 40 is warm in winter) so they ran out the door after 1pm. We had it just about right, clear roads but too cold for most folks to enjoy being outside.

This year they just kept coming... right to the end. Had several folks walk up as I was tearing down around 3:45.... there were still a lot of other dealers with stuff on their tables, but I hauled 1.75 full size van loads to this show and it takes me an hour to load out at least (only one van load going home!).

Some guys I had told to come to the show (that I had met by phone when they were seeking parts or service locally) none had ever been to such a show or knew it existed. The comment from several was... "I had no idea it was this big".
One guy lived right nearby and had never heard of the show. Its been there for almost 20 years I said. I asked him how we missed connecting with him all these years. He is 59 yrs old and REALLY into audio stuff and a jazz fan. I said "we do print ads" , he said "I never read any papers". I said "we do ads on WDET public radio" he said "dont listen to radio anymore". I said we put promo cards all over the Detroit area at the record stores, pubs, restaurants, any public bulletin boards, etc. He said "I go to Dearborn Music (the largest record store in Detroit area) but after I buy my stuff I walk right out past all those promo cards".
I said "So, HOW do we reach a guy like you?" He said "Set up a table at some of the car shows in the summer". Hmmm... OK. Will do ! We'll get our promo cards done much earlier and hit some shows. One thing about the car guys... $500 to them is pocket lint.
Mark Oppat

PostPosted: Jan Mon 28, 2019 7:06 pm 

wiscojim wrote:
oldradioparts wrote:
Started a new posting for pix so you dont have to scroll way down here. See new topic post.
Mark Oppat

So now we have three threads all started by you with pictures from the one event? That's crazy, makes no sense at all. Combine them all in one. If someone wants to look back a year from now to see what happened at the 2019 event they will have a very difficult time finding them all without having to jump all over the place. The forum already has a feature to see new posts for members, so the scrolling is not an issue. Also, I'd rather have to scroll down rather than search for three different threads, and still not be sure there aren't more you've started for this.

sorry, thought I was doing it right. I am an idiot about some stuff. Admins, move it.

PostPosted: Feb Mon 18, 2019 2:05 am 

Mark, You did right; very right. You simply wanted pics in one area...

Congratulations on your successful winter shows ! Almost 1200 folks thru the door ! It seems like it's been a long time since the Kutztown shows appear to have that attendance from end-user collectors. I do see more "exhibitors" AKA: vendors, but not the general public like these MI shows. Wow !

The way you and Jim describe the lighter load going home is very uplifting. I live about 17 or more driving hours away, but after seeing the show results for two winters now, I am now seriously contemplating setting up at your Vntg Voltage Expos ! Best Regards...

PostPosted: Apr Thu 11, 2019 5:53 pm 

Info on the SUMMER VIntage Electronics Expo in Kalamazoo, MI is now on the event site at www.thevee.org . Over 20,000 SF of indoor seller space PLUS this year we are also offering outside seller spaces, same as was in Lansing in years back. This is also the only show where you can car camp or hookup RV ON SITE ! Also, 6 motels just 2 miles away. Dont miss this one! Fri-Sat July 19-20. I will start a new thread on it soon.
Mark Oppat