Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Thu 14, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Baldwin 61P schematic wanted
PostPosted: Oct Tue 15, 2019 10:41 pm 

I got a hold of one of these, was flaky (bad capacitors) and it's been literally decades since I had the "bias box" you need to calibrate one of these. And then the mice got into it...

So I decided to scrap it out. I'd like to repurpose the power supply and power amp portion of this and make it into a guitar amp, maybe. I've contacted a whole slew of different people that I knew of that were in the organ service business, and nobody has been able to help me out so far. (I used to be in that business too, but my manuals from those days are long gone, unfortunately.)

Anybody know of where I can find the necessary schematic? I could probably draw one for that portion of it, but that's a lot of work, and I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Speakers on this thing are a couple of 12s connected in series! :-)

Post subject: Re: Baldwin 61P schematic wanted
PostPosted: Oct Wed 16, 2019 6:26 am 

Hello Roy. I just did a bit of searching and see that the output is rated for 16 ohms, so they put two 8 ohm speakers in series. If you don't find Baldwin info, you should be able to find a generic schematic that uses the same tubes, seems to have a typical lineup.

If you don't get any replies soon, Delete and post again in a more popular forum like Vintage Audio or Homebrew or Electrical Repair. Or you could PM one of the Moderators to move this thread. Good luck.