Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sat 07, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Alan Douglas was an organ fan.
PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 1:54 am 

Our late friend Alan Douglas was a great fan of organ music of all types. I have his LP collection here and probably will have to let it go fairly soon. Alan had a large Duo-Art roll playing pipe organ in his house which I assume went with the house as it was impossible to move it. Alan bought it out a millionairs home in Pennsylvania many years ago and reinstalled it in his museum. It sure was something to hear. Alan had several reed organs as well some of which could play music rolls. In addition, I bought most of the books in his library that were related to organ makers, building playing and restoration. I hope to have a list available to interested parties soon. I really didn't want to see them end up in a dumpster.

Post subject: Re: Alan Douglas was an organ fan.
PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 2:12 am 

Our late friend Alan Douglas was a great fan of organ music of all types. I have his LP collection here and probably will have to let it go fairly soon. Alan had a large Duo-Art roll playing pipe organ in his house which I assume went with the house as it was impossible to move it. Alan bought it out a millionairs home in Pennsylvania many years ago and reinstalled it in his museum. It sure was something to hear. Alan had several reed organs as well some of which could play music rolls. In addition, I bought most of the books in his library that were related to organ makers, building playing and restoration. I hope to have a list available to interested parties soon. I really didn't want to see them end up in a dumpster. The organ is behind him.
Sorry I don't have the second page.

Sorry for the duplicate post. Administrator - please fix.

Attachments:
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg [ 398.24 KiB | Viewed 166 times ]

Last edited by Merrill Bancroft on Dec Mon 02, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 2:15 am 

Merrill, try here too...

https://organforum.com/forums/

PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 2:18 am 

Charlie: I became a member a couple days ago. Thanks for the recommendation.
Merrill

PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 3:28 am 

Merrill Bancroft wrote:
Our late friend Alan Douglas was a great fan of organ music of all types. I have his LP collection here and probably will have to let it go fairly soon. Alan had a large Duo-Art roll playing pipe organ in his house which I assume went with the house as it was impossible to move it. Alan bought it out a millionairs home in Pennsylvania many years ago and reinstalled it in his museum. It sure was something to hear. Alan had several reed organs as well some of which could play music rolls. In addition, I bought most of the books in his library that were related to organ makers, building playing and restoration. I hope to have a list available to interested parties soon. I really didn't want to see them end up in a dumpster. The organ is behind him.
Sorry I don't have the second page.

Sorry for the duplicate post. Administrator - please fix.

I believe he said he played, when no one was listening!

PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 6:09 am 

Hello Guys,
I remember Alan saying I think he collected organ's too

here is something I found

Attachments:
tester alan douglas.jpg
tester alan douglas.jpg [ 89.86 KiB | Viewed 139 times ]

PostPosted: Dec Mon 02, 2019 3:15 pm 

Just this past week I bought my first set of over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones (Sennheiser HD 4.40) I have a dirt cheap RCA Voyager 7" tablet that I keep at my bedside. Was really surprised to watch some theater organ videos on YouTube and recreations of 1920s pop music with beautiful sound quality (to my 73 year old ears). It appears that the sound remains in the digital domain all the way to the headset.... So no matter if it is going through a cheap-O $40 tablet.
Robert