Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sat 14, 2019 9:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Predicta restoration
PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 2:02 am 

PM sent.

I put a temporary 1k pot with a 500ohm resistor in place just to get the vertical section working again, no longer having it collapsing. Still no audio or image coming through, what's the best way to isolate where it's coming from? The tubes check out, though some better than others. I have my scope with me, but not much else.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 3:40 am 

As suggested above, a pot with a stop can be replaced by a regular pot of the same resistance with a resistor in series with it.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 6:51 am 

Can someone confirm that C29 and R33 were pulled from 11L43 as well as changing bias resistor R34 to 150ohm? I was comparing resistances off of the SAMS and found this. Before I touched the set, I took photos of it, and both were missing, but I can't see R34.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 23, 2019 9:27 pm 

Got the new vertical linearity pot installed. Finally got a picture, and was messing around with the horizontal frequency adjustment and the HV cut out. Powered down immediately and left to cool. Powered back up with no luck with HV. Horizontal oscillator is operating, and can be heard as the horizontal hold is adjusted. Any idea where to check? Sound is still operating, haven't begun to check voltages in the horizontal yet.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 44 posts ]  Moderators: 7jp4-guy, Mr. Detrola Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3