Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sun 25, 2020 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Another Zenith T.O. 7000 with no AM or SW
PostPosted: Sep Fri 04, 2020 1:59 am 

The FM and weather band are fine with good audio quality, all other bands are silent. The oscillator appears to be running as I can place a working radio near it and get the expected result. The RFamp transistor showed open on the base lead and was replaced with a ECG 107, still dead. Can anyone direct me to a link to download service literature for chassis 18ZT40Z3? I have not been able to troubleshoot further without knowing voltages, ect. The regulator voltages checked normal based on information I saw in another thread on this forum. Regards, Ed.

Post subject: Re: Another Zenith T.O. 7000 with no AM or SW
PostPosted: Sep Fri 04, 2020 3:08 am 

I must confess that I posted this topic prematurely. The replacement transistor I chose was not correct. I thought I saw in another post that a ECG 107 was a suitable replacement, a mistake on my part. It works fine with a ECG 161 or 316 replacement for the RF amp. If someone could advise me as to where to download a service manual ( free preferably) I could then do a alignment. Regards, Ed

Post subject: Re: Another Zenith T.O. 7000 with no AM or SW
PostPosted: Sep Fri 04, 2020 8:41 pm 

Ed in W. PA wrote:
I must confess that I posted this topic prematurely. The replacement transistor I chose was not correct. I thought I saw in another post that a ECG 107 was a suitable replacement, a mistake on my part. It works fine with a ECG 161 or 316 replacement for the RF amp. If someone could advise me as to where to download a service manual ( free preferably) I could then do a alignment. Regards, Ed

PM me your email address, I can send you a copy. Aligning it is straightforward, but tedious.

Brett