Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 09, 2019 2:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Got Collections? New Finds? Let's See 'em.....
PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 10:44 am 

The clear case Regency TR-1/TR-1G is part of my personal transistor radio collection. It was given to the previous owner by the Regency Division when they wanted the marketing company he was working for to come up with a proposal on how to increase sales of the Regency TR-1. I don't how many radios the marketing company was given to use in their proposal; however, the fellow I bought the radio from kept the clear case model. The marketing company's proposal was rejected - their idea was to use jazzy carrying cases. They hand-stitched a case with a Holstein cow black & white pattern for my radio. The only bad thing about my radio is that it has two holes through the back cover. They had bolted all of the radios to a flannel presentation board with the proposed new carrying cases. I just joined the site so I'm learning how to use the forums. Photos of all of my transistor radios are posted on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51764518@ ... 9842242169

Last edited by France1978 on Oct Wed 23, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 2:02 pm 

Joe, that is an outstanding collection of radios you have there. Thanks for sharing it with us.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 3:33 pm 

Colin - Thanks. Some of the earlier photos are pretty rough as I was in a hurry to post photos of all my collections on Flickr a few years back. I'm now attempting to clean up the information I included on the transistor radios as well as other items. If you come across any of my photos and see any incorrect information, especially dating, I would appreciate hearing from you.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 4:10 pm 

Hey Joe,

I remember seeing that bizarre black & white cowhide case when viewing your collections awhile back---looked really modern for that time !

You have an incredible collection---and it takes a long time to look through all the sub-collection pics !

By the way---welcome to ARF !

John

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 6:26 pm 

John - Thanks. I need all of the help I can get in correctly identifying the transistor radios in my collection before I sell them off in 3 to 5 years. My tube radio collection took more room than I had so I'm sticking with transistor radios for now.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 8:16 pm 

That's an incredible collection of Transistor sets you have there! Are they all on display, or are most packed away somewhere?

AFA the two holes in the back of the clear TR-1 cabinet, I wouldn't be at all concerned; those are part of the sets provenance, and by that measure unique to it.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 8:51 pm 

Thanks for the feedback on my radio collection. Since I have a few thousand transistor radios, most are in storage. I do have a few display cabinets. I'm attaching a photo of one display cabinet

Attachments:
File comment: Transistor Radio Display Cabinet
Transistor Radio Display.JPG
Transistor Radio Display.JPG [ 443.84 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 11:00 pm 

Joe - Thanks for sharing your impressive collection of transistor radios. As you have also included advertisements, I found out that the Standard SR H-55 transistor radio that I got for Christmas cost $24.95, which is the reason why my aunt had to contribute in order for me to get it! - Mark

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 11:27 pm 

Mark - I'm glad the ad helped you. I've been working to include at least one newspaper ad for most of my radios. I try to find an ad from the first year that a particular radio was made.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 23, 2019 11:48 pm 

Amongst my other junk (collection ?) I just picked up this vintage Morse code trainer.

Attachments:
CodeTrainer01.JPG
CodeTrainer01.JPG [ 147.79 KiB | Viewed 532 times ]

PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 1:13 am 

Joe, WOW very nice collection, thanks for posting. And I thought I had a lot of radios.

Paul, nice code trainer. I've got one also. But what does it have to do with vintage transistor radios?

Al

Post subject: Re: Got Transistor Radio Collections? New Finds? Let's See
PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 3:11 pm 

Truly an outstanding collection Joe.

All well photographed and obviously it has taken you a huge amount of time.

Two I really like. The Telefunken mini partner in blue. I have a maroon one but I really like that blue.
Also the black Admiral 581. That just looks so high tech and modern yet still in a retro way :)

PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:04 pm 

Quote:
But what does it have to do with vintage transistor radios?

Sorry, this old brain just didn't register the title. Going to reboot the grey matter.
Wait a min, did the original title have transistor radios in it ? Looks like Post subject: Re: Got Collections? New Finds? Let's See 'em..... above my original posting. Oh well, at any rate sorry.

PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:30 pm 

You're correct Paul, the heading is < Got Collections? New Finds? Let's See 'em..... >.
But it is under the forum category titled < Vintage Transistor Radio Collections >.
No real problem, still nice to read your posts and see your photos.

Al

PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 4:32 pm 

pauls.ironhorse wrote:
Quote:
But what does it have to do with vintage transistor radios?
Sorry, this old brain just didn't register the title. Going to reboot the grey matter.
Wait a min, did the original title have transistor radios in it ? .
No problem. When the original title was created over 13 years ago, it was assumed that only transistor radios would be shown since this is a transistor radio forum. The section was relatively new and I had just become a moderator. It was your post that caused me to slightly modify the title. :D :P

Dave

PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 5:07 pm 

Joe - I saw that you have a red Kowa transistor radio in your collection, which I believe is a Kowa KT-66 6 transistor, as I own the same radio. Unfortunately, the "KOWA" emblem is missing from my radio, but it is still on your radio. I have seen the "KOWA" emblem on the bottom left side of a KT-66, so I thought my radio may be the Longwood LR-96 version, but I know now it is a Kowa. - Mark

PostPosted: Oct Thu 24, 2019 5:08 pm 

Now I see what happened, I often just scan new posts to see what's interesting to me, and that came up and I didn't bother to see what category it was in. Thanks all, I now know to check the category when I see something in new posts I want to reply to. :D I need to go away from this thread now, but thanks all. :idea:

PostPosted: Oct Sat 26, 2019 7:26 am 

Just got this RCA. I like the color, and it's neat having a radio that says,"RCA" even if it's made in Hong Kong. :mrgreen:
The reception and audio is quite good. The electrolytics are:
3-100uf
10uf
4.7? (Mostly hidden by other components). Maybe someone has some of these in their collection. Hearing some good dx with this tonight. Definite thumbs up. I also saw some in white on Ebay. It tunes very slow for not being vernier tuning, I like it. Radio Museum shows a similar model 101, not this one though it looks similar. One online source said 1972.

Attachments:
20191026_003044_resize_85.jpg
20191026_003044_resize_85.jpg [ 594.53 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]
20191026_003107_resize_43.jpg
20191026_003107_resize_43.jpg [ 670.13 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]
20191026_002646_resize_15.jpg
20191026_002646_resize_15.jpg [ 554.2 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]
20191026_002758_resize_51.jpg
20191026_002758_resize_51.jpg [ 425.05 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

PostPosted: Oct Sat 26, 2019 7:47 am 

Changing the title of a 13 year old thread because one poster made a mistake does not make sense to me.

Got Collections? New Finds? Let's See 'em.....

Dave, You can remove this post if you wish.
Greg.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 26, 2019 8:03 am 

Zenith Royal wrote:
Just got this RCA. I like the color, and it's neat having a radio that says,"RCA" even if it's made in Hong Kong. :mrgreen:
The reception and audio is quite good. The electrolytics are:
3-100uf
10uf
4.7? (Mostly hidden by other components). Maybe someone has some of these in their collection. Hearing some good dx with this tonight. Definite thumbs up. I also saw some in white on Ebay. It tunes very slow for not being vernier tuning, I like it. Radio Museum shows a similar model 101, not this one though it looks similar. One online source said 1972.

Those are fun radios, and interesting that the bean counters allowed the cost of *gasp* an extra Electrolytic capacitor. Six Transistors and three IF filters makes it a definite legitimate receiver for DX.

egg wrote:
Changing the title of a 13 year old thread because one poster made a mistake does not make sense to me.

Got Collections? New Finds? Let's See 'em.....

Dave, You can remove this post if you wish.
Greg.

AFA the thread title change; the thread is already in the Vintage Transistor Radios forum, so it's really redundant to repeat the subject again in the thread title. I would agree with Greg to change it back to it's original wording.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 581 posts ]  Moderator: Dave Doughty Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next