Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sun 25, 2020 6:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SX-25 Power Transformer
PostPosted: Sep Fri 25, 2020 1:54 pm 

I went ahead and ordered the 272FX as this set will be mine and not a repair flip. Since it was a hacked up basket case special I was able to get it from the owner of the radio collection for peanuts. If only he could find a SX-88 in modest condition he wants to dump for nothing..

PostPosted: Sep Fri 25, 2020 2:25 pm 

mrrstrat wrote:
I went ahead and ordered the 272FX as this set will be mine and not a repair flip. Since it was a hacked up basket case special I was able to get it from the owner of the radio collection for peanuts. If only he could find a SX-88 in modest condition he wants to dump for nothing..

Interesting you mentioned an SX-88. A person in Cadillac MI thought he was screwing me good with wanting a $150 new FM 2 meter radio for his nice condition SX-88. I sold it for $1200.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 25, 2020 2:46 pm 

With as rare as they are (I believe only 100 made) the SX-88 is one of those sets that is "whatever the asker wants" pricing. I told my radio business partner to buy any he finds in any condition for just about any price. I would have skinned out the $1200 with no problem. 911 PM me if you know of any on the market - we will travel unto 450 miles to meetup for a chance to buy one.

We have a museum quality SX-28A - all original and in perfect working condition going for a stout price. Have yet to see a pic of one anywhere in the condition we have. It should be in the Smithsonian as an example of how the Allies fought the Axis powers in WWII with radio. A restored SX-88 belongs in its company in our shop :-)

jimbenedict wrote:
mrrstrat wrote:

Interesting you mentioned an SX-88. A person in Cadillac MI thought he was screwing me good with wanting a $150 new FM 2 meter radio for his nice condition SX-88. I sold it for $1200.

PostPosted: Oct Thu 01, 2020 3:27 am 

You can go ahead and use the 5Y3; it is exactly the same as the 80, except for the base. A 5Y3G, if you can find one, would look original.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Moderator: Sandy Go to page Previous  1, 2