Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Wed 26, 2019 3:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Question Re: Edcor Recivers
PostPosted: Dec Fri 07, 2018 6:14 am 

Hello, my Father who was an Electrician and fixed/sold Electronic equipment for over 60 years passed away in April. While going through his stuff (Still going through) I have come across some very interesting items. CB's, meters, a Lab-Volt and other items. One of the items was an Edcore ST-3B2 Serial 18170 2 Channel 33.40 and 40.68. I can not find any information regarding this item. I was wondering where I could go to ask questions on this product? Also, do you think this item would be still needed or anyone interested in this item? I don't know anything about these items and I don't want to just trash or sell it in a garage sale if you think someone would actually want it. It has a remote and I don't know how to use it so I can't figure out if it works or not. Can you help me please with any suggestions?

Thank you,
Tamara R. Richardson

Post subject: Re: Question Re: Edcor Recivers
PostPosted: Dec Fri 07, 2018 3:02 pm 

I believe Edcor was the originator of FM wireless microphones and I suspect that was the intended use of your father's receiver. I doubt if it has much value now although there may be some collector/historic interest in some of their early stuff and a group involved with performance/stage audio systems would probably know more about this unit.

Edcor is still in business, I ran across their story of how various localities use incentives to attract companies while engaged in a related project.

Rodger WQ9E

PostPosted: Dec Fri 07, 2018 4:51 pm 

Thank you so much! Would you be able to give me a link to their story? I would love to read it!

PostPosted: Dec Fri 07, 2018 5:05 pm 

Here is a link from Edcor's website detailing their history. I don't believe they have ever been a huge company but staying in business over 50 years is an accomplishment: https://www.edcorusa.com/whoisedcor

Rodger WQ9E

PostPosted: Dec Fri 07, 2018 11:50 pm 

My local college had one of those in the early 1970s; I think that unit used the standard FM band. If you want to sell any of the items, we have a Classified section.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 08, 2018 1:41 am 

Thank you so much for all your help!