Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Sun 28, 2021 1:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Any New Book Recommendations for Me?
PostPosted: Nov Fri 13, 2020 11:04 pm 

My collecting interests have settled into mid-20s - early 30s shortwave for some time now but I don't have any new books that are more recent than about the past ten years or so. Can anyone think of any recent titles covering this subject era? Think Grebe, Pilot, National, REL, Hammarlund, etc. Aviators and adventurers with a ham radio slant? Life stories of those from the early days? Further reviews of ham radio from this era? Profiles of certain manufacturer's? I already have books like "200 Meters and Down", the Alan Douglas "Radio Manufacturer's of the 1920s" volumes, the McMahon books, and Moore's two books on ham receivers and transmitters -- plus book shelves of old publications from back when. Maybe there are some radio or ham clubs that have come out with something interesting that I'm not aware of due to limited, local runs? I have a number of the CHRS and SCARS offerings but I'm thinking others here may have other leads.

In these times of late, I'm getting a little starved to read newer print material -- aside from 'net postings and threads -- and I haven't felt the desire to pull down anything from my bookshelf in a while.

Thanks.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Any New Book Recommendations for Me?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 14, 2020 12:01 am 

https://www.thespectrummonitor.com/Dec14TSM.pdf

Post subject: Re: Any New Book Recommendations for Me?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 14, 2020 3:17 am 

Thanks for the link. Forgot about these guys. Much to read here.