Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Fri 19, 2019 11:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zenith 4-K-035 Coils
PostPosted: Feb Fri 13, 2004 8:13 am 

Hi Folks,<P>Does anyone have an idea of the value of the antenna or oscillator coils for this set? Can these be re-built? Any suggestions would be appreciated as always.<P>Thanks,<P>Mike G.<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Fri 13, 2004 6:44 pm 

I have one of that model and the service information for it. But I'm not sure what you want to know, is there anything I can check for you?<P>------------------<BR>Paul

PostPosted: Feb Thu 19, 2004 2:10 am 

Paul,<P>Do you know the value (in henries) of the two coils? My service manual doesn't have that information. I'm using a "D" cell for the "A" battery and 10 9V for the "B" battery. Radio is completely dead and it seems that the two coils have overheated.<P>Thanks,<P>Mike<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Thu 19, 2004 2:31 am 

No, sorry, the Zenith service manual does not provide those figure, and I don't know how to measure inductance of a coil (feel free to enlighten me - I do have a working example of this set.) <P>I can tell you DC resistances of the windings though. On the antenna coil, the resistance between terminal A and B (the antenna and ground leads) is 22 ohms, between C and D (black and green) is 3.5 ohms. On the osc coil, the resistance between terminals A and B (green and black) is 5.5 ohms, between C and D (blue and red) is 2.8 ohms.<P>Regards,<P>------------------<BR>Paul

PostPosted: Feb Thu 19, 2004 9:09 am 

Paul,<P>Thanks for that information. From this I think I can get close to the correct values.<P>When I have a chance to get back to this one (waiting for some other parts) I'll let you know how I make out.<P>Mike<P>------------------<BR>