Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Wed 24, 2019 3:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Philco 41-290 I.F. transformer problem
PostPosted: Feb Mon 16, 2004 10:57 pm 

I am restoring the chasis of a Philco 41-290 console radio which has sentimental value to me. I have just started learning the basics of tube radio. After replacing the electrolitic capacitors on the radio. I found that the first I.F. transformer looked different internally from the second, so I took the cover off of it and found the windings were missing from the spool. I figured that is why the radio doesn't pick up any stations. Does anyone know where I can find info on rebuilding or replacing the transformer?<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Mon 16, 2004 11:03 pm 

Hi David<P> Here is a list of some available IF Transformers.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.oldradioparts.com/2a6fla.txt" TARGET=_blank>http://www.oldradioparts.com/2a6fla.txt</A> <P> Are you sure the coil is missing? There are some IF Transformers where coils are close together.<P>------------------<BR>Norm

PostPosted: Feb Tue 17, 2004 12:54 am 

Thank you Norm for the Transformer info. <P>The I.F. Transformer is in pieces and most of the pieces were inside the can which was eattached to the radio. There are four small pieces of thin coil wire on the wax and cardboard tube that the coil was rolled on. I was able to look at the 2nd I.F. transformer which looks like it was built the same way. <P>Thank you again for your help!!! now back to work<P>David<P>------------------<BR>