Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Sat 20, 2019 11:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Emerson 520 - Chassis Doesn't Fit Cabinet??
PostPosted: Feb Wed 18, 2004 5:55 pm 

Hi guys! I just got an Emerson 520 and posted a picture in the gallery. Wanted to know if the chassis for this model differs from some other emerson chassises with the same dial face? I received this radio in two boxes. When I tried to install the chassis I had to put in a piece of wood to tilt the front of the chassis up about a 1/2 inch. The cabinet front slopes back so the dial, volume and tuning shafts don't line up. Also the mounting holes underneath don't seem to line up. So was this a specially designed chassis or are there mounting brackets that are missing? The other question is, I was told this is Catalin. Anyone know for sure if it is. Mine is very shiney black with Brownish/Yellow swirls. Thanks for any ideas!<BR>Mike... <P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Wed 18, 2004 10:20 pm 

Hello Mike<BR>I have posted pics of my 520... looks similar to yours. Yes! It is catalin, see the nice swirl in mine.<BR>Not highly rated by those collectors.. but the cheapest you can get and I like mine. It's likely to be the only catalin I ever own: the rest are silly money, or so it seems to me.<BR>It should have a brown Bakelite back and my chassis, as far as I can remember, went in quite conventionally. Don't remember any brackets etc. Sounds fishy to me!<BR>I bet there are folks who know the model better than me, but if all fails I will take the chassis out for you and do some pics.<BR>Gary<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Feb Thu 19, 2004 1:05 am 

mike,<BR>520 should have chassis 120000 or 120029.<BR>steve<P>------------------<BR>