Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Wed 01, 2021 7:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wells-Gardner 1A62 Coronado question
PostPosted: Sep Sat 25, 2021 12:59 am 

I have done a restoration on this radio and after figuring out the wires exiting the side (for connection to the loop antenna) it is working great! Two other wires coming out indicate to me as going to the external antenna, I assume like a long wire or something and the second goes to 'the' foil antenna. I do not have the cabinet so... I'm not sure what the "foil antenna" really is. There was/is a smallish foil-covered cardboard provided that appears to have been stapled somewhere in the cabinet. It has a short lead with a forked-spade connector on it. I am beginning to think the is not the "foil antenna" referred to in the schematic but instead a ground foil which would have been stapled to the shelf the radio sits on. The short lead then ties to the ground terminal on the rear of the radio.

Does anyone have a photo of the rear side of the cabinet with the radio installed? Possibly showing a foil-type antenna. If there is one there, I am not going to worry about it and let the owner deal with it.

Thank you for any info you may share.