Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Tue 05, 2022 2:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Quality and Affordable Refinisher in the DC area.
PostPosted: May Wed 18, 2022 11:08 pm 

I've got a Philco 38-116 with the 10 millionth Philco dedication plaque which makes it a bit rarer than the average 38-116. The cabinet is structurally quite sound, with very little veneer damage, but the finish is lifting all over it. Throughout my life I've done my share of refinishing, and I tend to be a perfectionist, so that made my refinishing jobs quite time consuming and difficult, but the end result was always stellar. I've come to the point in my life where I'd like to pay someone else to do the job but have been having a heck of a time finding anyone who does quality work at reasonable prices in my area. I live in the Eastern Panhandle of WV, which puts me about an hour and twenty minutes from DC or Baltimore. I wouldn't mind traveling that kind of distance. Shipping is not a viable option in my opinion. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company in my region that I could contact to discuss the possibility of having them refinish my Philco cabinet. Thanks for any leads.....