Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Thu 09, 2020 9:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Information Please
PostPosted: May Mon 10, 2004 6:17 pm 

Hi Guys..........<P>Got a good one for you?<P>My wife picked up a cabinet for a one tube amp and what looks like what might have been a phono amp combo.<BR>It says it's an SL 421A with no name and it uses a diode for a rectifier. The tube is a 25C5. I think it might be from around the mid sixties because of it having a diode and perhaps they started integrating the diodes w/ the tubes around than. Just to use that as a focal point.<BR>It's a real purdy cabinet. Has an extension to the base for books or shelving measures appx. 2' x 16" x 8" w/o the shelving extension and w/ about 2'. Looks like it was meant to sit on a table. It's oak I presume and there's the cover that lifts to expose the phonograph (I suppose).<BR>Any help on identifying this would be appreciated as I don't even know where to begin to look. I don't even have a clue as to who's models started with SL.<P>Thanks<P>Bill N<P>------------------<BR>