Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Tue 25, 2019 7:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hickok 209-A
PostPosted: Apr Wed 09, 2003 3:33 pm 

I need some advice on my Hickok 209-A VTVM, and would like to hear from some other owners of these meters to see what they think of their performance and reliability.<P>I have not plugged it in yet, and would like to know exactly what parts should be replaced if I intend to use it. This has never been worked on before, and has all of it's original parts.<P>When were these produced, and at what price where they sold?<P>It looks like a nice piece of test gear. I do have the manual that came with it.<P>Thanks!<P>Frank<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Apr Wed 09, 2003 3:59 pm 

Frank,<BR>I also have the 209A and love that BIG meter, I can see it from across the other side of my 8' bench, all my test gear is on shelves over my bench.<BR>I like that meter and use it alot, almost as much as my digital multimeter.<BR>I replaced all caps and the electrolytic caps.<BR>Check all resistors to make sure that they are within spec.<BR>One other thing, if you don't have the DC probe, you will have to make one and make sure you put a 1meg resistor inside that probe.<BR>Frank, I do not have a manual for mine, would you zerox me a copy? I would be happy to pay you for your trouble.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Bill Benson<BR>Bill267Benson at wmconnect dot com

PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2003 1:13 am 

Bill,<P>I'll try to copy the manual for you. Send me your mailing address...<P>Frank<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2003 1:43 am 

Frank,<BR> I sent you an email with my address.<BR>Thanks again.<P>------------------<BR>Bill Benson<BR>Bill267Benson at wmconnect dot com

PostPosted: Apr Thu 10, 2003 8:57 pm 

The 1954-55 price was $132.50<P>------------------<BR>Brian McAllister<BR>Sarasota FL<BR> <A HREF="http://oldtech.net" TARGET=_blank>http://oldtech.net</A><BR>brian@oldtech.net

PostPosted: Apr Fri 11, 2003 7:18 am 

Brian,<P>That sounds like it was a fair amount of money back then. This tells me that it was a deacent piece of equipment when it was new. <P>I should be starting to replace the paper caps this weekend. Any more ideas on rebuilding this would be appreciated...<P><P>------------------<BR>