Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jan Sun 19, 2020 7:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Instruction manual for an Eico 470 oscilloscope?
PostPosted: Nov Fri 22, 2019 1:12 am 

So my inductors finally arrived. Better yet, they actually agreed with the calculators online! Of course, during my testing, I discovered that I soldered one of the original inductors to the wrong pin of V104. I was wondering why the valleys of sine waves looked off...

So I got it all soldered together now and sine waves actually look like proper sine waves now! For the briefest second I thought that something was off. Waves of any type were flat on top and bottom as I increased the voltage on my $10 function generator. So I attached my Rigol to the same FG and lo and behold, it had the same flat peaks and valleys. It's a limitation of the stupid $10 function generator. Dumb thing maxes out at like 2.5 Vpp.

So I guess I'm done! Thank you all for your help. I can say without a doubt that this thread is now the best resource on the entire internet for this rare oscilloscope.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8