Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 15, 2019 3:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Recommendations on oscilloscope?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 3:48 am 

Bill Eccher wrote:
I was thinking of purchasing the Digital DS05072 on Amazon that mr.fab mentioned, but tonight they are no longer available. Oh well maybe I just missed another bargain, but it seems strange hey are already gone.

They had a MSO scope for $40 more with logic leads too. There are a few folks that did order the DSO5072 (eevblog) and they received tracking numbers. We'll see if it's a scope or a box with junk. At least Amazon covers it.

I ended buying a HP 54645D for $40 on CL... couldn't pass up on the deal.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 11:12 pm 

Has anyone ordered one of these Hantek scopes? They do use PayPal, but I'm not sure how safe the purchase might be.

https://www.fveco.com/200-real-digital- ... e-mhz-time

PostPosted: Nov Sat 16, 2019 11:48 pm 

That scope is listed over $400 on Ebay for 200Mhz. Around $200 for a 50Mhz. Some thing is wrong with that listing. Email them first.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hantek-DSO5202 ... b433969836

PostPosted: Nov Tue 19, 2019 1:11 am 

D-Labs Heathkit scope:

https://youtu.be/ZHAbfuwunWM

PostPosted: Nov Thu 21, 2019 8:32 pm 

Just a quick report. I ended up ordering that unbranded DSO5072P 70-MHz scope that "Mr.Fabe" had uncovered here for $99. With the $15 coupon, and a $60 discount for applying for an Amazon credit card (like I need another one!), I was left with about $30, which I covered with some Hilton points my company lets me keep for business travel. Net cost was basically zip, so I felt it was worth the risk. It took about 2 weeks, and the scope arrived today ... turns out, as some suspected, it's a fully branded Hantek 5072P (I guess they had to remove the branding for the ad photo). Brand new, in the box with all the accessories; doesn't look like a refurb or a return to me. I fired it up, and all looks good so far. Only minor gripe is the 40K waveform memory ... most new-generation digital scopes routinely have a lot more.

I guess Hantek is perhaps moving on from this particular model, and is clearing out. I didn't really "need" another scope, but I must say that it's pretty swell to have a 7" color screen, and a 5" case depth for my overcrowded bench. I will likely apply the 200 MHz upgrade hack for this model that's been floating around the EEVblog & YouTube for awhile ... it seems fairly straightforward & low risk, and it will significantly widen the usable bandwidth. But for now, for my radio tasks, 70-MHz is plenty, particularly when used to complement my 400 MHz analog.

Very pleased with the outcome.

Jim

PostPosted: Nov Fri 22, 2019 9:53 pm 

DRL wrote:
Just a quick report. I ended up ordering that unbranded DSO5072P 70-MHz scope that "Mr.Fabe" had uncovered here for $99. With the $15 coupon, and a $60 discount for applying for an Amazon credit card (like I need another one!), I was left with about $30, which I covered with some Hilton points my company lets me keep for business travel. Net cost was basically zip, so I felt it was worth the risk. It took about 2 weeks, and the scope arrived today ... turns out, as some suspected, it's a fully branded Hantek 5072P (I guess they had to remove the branding for the ad photo). Brand new, in the box with all the accessories; doesn't look like a refurb or a return to me. I fired it up, and all looks good so far. Only minor gripe is the 40K waveform memory ... most new-generation digital scopes routinely have a lot more.

I guess Hantek is perhaps moving on from this particular model, and is clearing out. I didn't really "need" another scope, but I must say that it's pretty swell to have a 7" color screen, and a 5" case depth for my overcrowded bench. I will likely apply the 200 MHz upgrade hack for this model that's been floating around the EEVblog & YouTube for awhile ... it seems fairly straightforward & low risk, and it will significantly widen the usable bandwidth. But for now, for my radio tasks, 70-MHz is plenty, particularly when used to complement my 400 MHz analog.

Very pleased with the outcome.

Jim

Thanks for your follow-up on the purchase.
I'm glad everything worked out well for you!