Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Wed 27, 2021 4:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Precision 10-60 roll chart
PostPosted: Sep Fri 10, 2021 4:58 pm 

hi

Has anyone seen a PDF copy of the initial roll chart that was provided to the 10-60? I have the originals of the supplements, but I have not been able to find a PDF of the settings in the supplied roll chart for either the 10-40 or the 10-60...

It turns out that, while restoring, the "stop" marking which shows up int he top row doesn't let one see the bottom rows...and the paper came loose....

So, if it doesn't exist, I will take the time to copy the roll chart while it is out....(VERY carefully...paper is v. fragile...)

Steve

Post subject: Re: Precision 10-60 roll chart
PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 2:55 am 

done..if anyone ever needs one..

Steve

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 3:48 pm 

Chris's Old Radios has data for the 10-40:

http://oldradios.50webs.com/precision/index.html

But yeah, I haven't seen the 10-60 either. AFAIK, Chris is still around, you might want to punt a copy to him for posting....

Thanks!

David

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 5:17 pm 

If one looks at the roll chart PDF, it is not for the 10-40 specifically.

However, it is true that the two charts are identical save for the "E" switch, which is the filament selector...that is because the 10-40 and the 10-60 have a couple more filament positions.

Is that a big deal...Nah...we are all smart enough to figure out what the correct filament voltage should be.

But I am glad I did it...this way I have it and I did it in continuous images so that if someone were so inclined they might be able to print it out and make a roll chart.

The 10-60's chart is two sided....one side for tube data and the other for transistors...it has two rollers that work like a pasta sheet roller...because I am a dork it took me like four tries to get the sheet correctly positioned on the rollers after repairing the paper....

Steve

PostPosted: Sep Sat 11, 2021 7:58 pm 

Ooops, I've never paid much attention, just knew they were there. Mea Culpa.

My 10-40 has its original roll chart in it, and I've never needed anything much beyond what's been on it.

I'm certainly not complaining that you did it. Glad you did it as well.

How did you do it? Did you just lay it on the scanner bed and do it a section at a time? My sheet scanner I use for home office purposes could probably deal with the length, but its not wide enough to give it a go at one pass.

Cheers!

David

PostPosted: Sep Sun 12, 2021 2:09 am 

What actually happened was that when i went to roll it back, the original install didn't let you see the first few tubes so the end pulled off when I tried to see them.

That led to removing the roll chart and having to preserve the paper that was nearing the end of it's useful life..

So, a buddy and I carefully unrolled it on the floor and using my overhead scanner (which can do a bit bigger than A3 sizes) took incremental scans under glass with overlap that allowed me to stitch them together with software....It took about 4 hours to do both sides....

I was then able to get the stabilized roll chart back in , but will print out sheets to use.

Steve