Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Sun 31, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Heathkit IO-4550
PostPosted: Apr Sat 04, 2020 2:33 am 

This website has a lot of Heathkit manuals. He has the complete IO 4550 construction manual but not the operator's manual and no calibration data. That would be another place to send it.

https://www.vintage-radio.info/heathkit

RRM

edit: I just looked and I have a hard copy of the calibration instructions (pages 25-34 of the op manual) so someone has posted them before now. I don't have a file in my computer so I must have printed it out at the public library or something. I think it was posted on ARF but I have no idea who it could have been.

I figured out how to do the cal from the schematic when I first found my IO-4550. It was literally lying on the side of the road. It had a severe case of jelly bean tantalum disease.

PostPosted: Apr Sat 04, 2020 3:21 am 

mr.fabe wrote:
Barry H Bennett wrote:
I’ll post it up on my website. If one does not charge for people to read it, is there still a copyright issue? (assuming there’s really is)

In the past, BAMA and Pestingers had hosted a bunch of Heathkit manuals/ schematics but no longer do so. Pestingers posted the information they received from the copyright "owner".

https://www.pestingers.net/pages-images ... anuals.htm

I wish you well in starting a hosting archive that will benefit many of us.

MrFabe, you must be new to the Don Peterson fiasco. After Don managed to shutdown a lot of the manual sellers and the web sites that provided Heathkit manuals it was later found out he was not the owner of the copyrights, they were retained by Heathkit.Don was only given permission to make copies of the manuals, many of the manuals were never copyrighted and many of the copyrights expired in 1963 or 1964. Heathkit declined to prosecute anyone for copyright infringements and Don Peterson has no legal right to do so.

DM

PostPosted: Apr Sat 04, 2020 4:50 am 

Ahh.. thank you for bringing me up to speed. I would have thought that if his claims were bogus, a lot of the old Heathkit archives would have been resurrected. Glad that I'm wrong. My only dealings with him was trying to purchase a few manuals that he claimed he mailed (no tracking) and I had to file a PP claim against him to get my money back. Shady character indeed. Now that I have been enlightened, here are the Heathkit IO/SO4550 calibration instructions... Cheers!

Attachments:
Heathkit IO-4550 Cal.pdf [517.04 KiB]
Downloaded 29 times

PostPosted: Apr Sat 04, 2020 10:17 am 

Well, I'm not going to advertise, charge, or profit from anything I post on my website. It's basically a museum. I don't see how that would violate anything, any more than a library does. :)