Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Wed 23, 2021 6:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Webcor 1133 Musicale how to disassemble for capacitor servic
PostPosted: May Tue 18, 2021 2:35 am 

I recently acquired a Webcor 1133 Musicale. It has a horrible loud 60 cycle type hum as it warms up. If I switch to the line input the hum is gone and it sounds really good. Also if I pull the 12ax7 tube the hum is gone. Switching out the 12ax7 for another known good tube did not resolve the issue. I would like to remove the chassis so I could check the capacitors and wiring for issues but it seems stuck in place. I have removed the bottom panel under the turntable (the one with the schematic glued on) and removed the rest of the screws from the bottom panel. I also pulled the knobs off the front. Anyone know what I have to do to remove the copper chassis from the turntable for service?

Ron W.

Post subject: Re: Webcor 1133 Musicale how to disassemble for capacitor se
PostPosted: May Tue 18, 2021 11:19 am 

Please post pictures.

Post subject: Re: Webcor 1133 Musicale how to disassemble for capacitor se
PostPosted: May Wed 19, 2021 6:07 pm 

Everyone,

I figured it out myself. The two retaining clips holding the height adjustment screws for the turntable have to be removed from underneath the turntable and after removing the turntable I was able to access the one screw holding the tube amplifier chassis in place. I am ordering replacement capacitors for the old wax capacitors and will be checking voltages shortly. This topic can be closed.

Ron W