Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Wed 21, 2021 3:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: "Cigarette radio" - small, nice and displayable
PostPosted: May Sat 01, 2010 2:24 pm 

"Cigarette radios" - small, nice and displayable.

Todays find was a new "cigarette radio" but it was not a cigarette brand on it, instead it was for beer, Barbados brand Banks.

Flip open radio

The back of the radio

My current collection of these small radios

Last edited by mickecarlsson on May Sat 01, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May Sat 01, 2010 2:31 pm 
Silent Key

Neat little sets, for sure. However, I think this thread would be more at home in the Transistor Radio forum, so I will move it there, but leave a shadow here so you get double exposure.
Curt

Post subject:
PostPosted: May Sat 01, 2010 3:03 pm 

cute radio. I don't have any cigarette brands but have a made in China- "Tang Breakfast Drink" that has English on one side and Arabic on the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May Sun 02, 2010 2:42 am 

OMG, Banks beer! Best beer in the world! That is such a cool radio!

Several years ago we vacationed on Barbados. It was really funny when we went through customs on the way home. About a half dozen people had gift wrapped packages that rattled just like a case of beer (Barbados doesn't export, or at least didn't then, Banks beer). The agent that checked our group through just shook his head and waved us by. I savored that case for a full year. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May Sun 02, 2010 3:26 am 

novelty radios are great!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May Sun 02, 2010 6:21 am 

That's a neat little collection Mikael and your new one, the Banks radio, is really nice. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one but I think it will be a hard one to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May Mon 03, 2010 2:18 am 

The novelty TR radios can be cool, lots of products were represented...

I only have one that fits in the novelty class and it's a AMOCO gas pump...

When was the last time you bought gas and only paid $3.95??? Maybe for your lawnmower???

http://members.cox.net/35z3/amocotr.jpg

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Fri 28, 2011 6:32 am 

We must conclude that this is a serious addiction that is harder to control than drugs, alcohol and tobacco. Many experts have advanced theories that smokeless cigarettes some foods are dependent on itself, others say that we overeat to compensate for emotional problems and others say it is a disease. Eat to combat feelings of loneliness, sadness or other concerns seem to be a major cause, but immediate relief followed by feelings of guilt by overeating. No wonder the weight loss industry is booming.

Now you can quit smoking with smokeless cigarettes and save money yourself some money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2011 4:37 pm 

Maria28 wrote:
We must conclude that this is a serious addiction that is harder to control than drugs, alcohol and tobacco. Many experts have advanced theories that a flatulence ordinance and some foods are dependent on itself, others say that we overeat to compensate for emotional problems and others say it is a disease. Eat to combat feelings of loneliness, sadness or other concerns seem to be a major cause, but immediate relief followed by feelings of guilt by overeating. No wonder the weight loss industry is booming.

Now you can quit smoking with a flatulence ordinance and save money yourself some money

So why has this SPAM sat here for over a week, with flies circling it, whilst a single foul utterance of whatever, or, the slightest political tweak has the mods here launching forth like crack ho's to a piece of fallen tinfoil :evil:

Take for example a humorous piece from the UK daily mail I posted in the clubhouse linked here, that some dried-up ARF moderator believed was too malodorous for posting.

OK you Barney Fife's; how about digging that one bullet out of your pocket today :? Are the transistor radio threads really this boring :?:
FWIW, I quoted it all for a quick asphyxiation of this post too.

Last edited by Jeff Thomas on Feb Mon 07, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Sat 29, 2011 6:44 pm 

I can agree with the spam thing, the newbie ought to be told that what this thread and forums are about. we don't need spam. we need more transistor radios!! especially novelty transistor radios!!