Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Tue 16, 2019 3:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 1:38 pm 

Greetings all!
I wanted to make fellow collectors aware of a large auction taking place in June, actual day to be announced. The auction is taking place in Jacksonville,NC. The widow of a longtime collector has decided to let the collection go. At this time I will not disclose the name of the family but I am certain there are members here who would recognize it. I am helping the wife consolidate the collection in one area and prepare them for transport by the auction company. There are plans to advertise nationwide. Keep an eye on auctionzip for future details. Although I know the auction company I am not sure they know exactly what some of these radios are.

Many of these radios have been meticulously restored and are absolutely beautiful! Some have been upgraded with Bluetooth. A number of Crosley radios are included, many early and mid 20s radios, wood, plastic and bakelite cabinets, a number of Zenith Transoceanics. There will be some clocks and miscellaneous items and boxes of parts. The bulk of the collection is still unrestored and there are many duplicates of certain radios.

Keep an eye out because this is a LARGE collection.

Happy Collecting.

Mark7

Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 6:46 pm 

markskala wrote:
Keep an eye on auctionzip for future details.

Umm, no. Why make it difficult for everyone?

Please come back here and give us the link when it's available.

PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 7:26 pm 

Umm, well, I gave you all a heads up to a fantastic collection; I didn't have to do this at all. A simple, " thanks for the heads up" would have been considerate. You're welcome. If I am able between my travels, i will post the link. As far as I know people will be able to call and or email their bids. Again, if I can update I will.

Mark

PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 8:23 pm 

Mark, I meant no disrespect.

But for each of us that may be interested in the auction having to repeatedly go to auctionzip, and look for an auction in NC, from a company that you know the name of but haven't named, on a date we don't know of, of an estate that you won't name, when you are going to be aware of the event anyway is making a lot of work for us. You've given us the tease, and yes, thank you for that. But please do a proper follow-up to save us all from the unnecessary busywork. If you really want to make fellow collectors aware, you need to share the details.

PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 1:07 am 

Wow what's the big deal just type in a keyword search for antique radios and auction zip sends you an email. Wow! You want it on a silver platter too.Thanks Mark for the heads up.

PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 1:11 am 

kurt1618 wrote:
Wow what's the big deal just type in a keyword search for antique radios and auction zip sends you an email. Wow! You want it on a silver platter too.Thanks Mark for the heads up.

Lighten up, Kurt. No need to be starting fights around here.

My interest was in this particular auction, I have no need to see the many notices I'd get for any antique radios at auction elsewhere.

PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 1:19 am 

Fight? I'm sure you can kick my butt. Just pointing out how that sounded and the way it was delivered. So I'm light.

PostPosted: May Sat 25, 2019 5:18 pm 

markskala wrote:
Greetings all!
I wanted to make fellow collectors aware of a large auction taking place in June, actual day to be announced. The auction is taking place in Jacksonville,NC. The widow of a longtime collector has decided to let the collection go. At this time I will not disclose the name of the family but I am certain there are members here who would recognize it. I am helping the wife consolidate the collection in one area and prepare them for transport by the auction company. There are plans to advertise nationwide. Keep an eye on auctionzip for future details. Although I know the auction company I am not sure they know exactly what some of these radios are.

Many of these radios have been meticulously restored and are absolutely beautiful! Some have been upgraded with Bluetooth. A number of Crosley radios are included, many early and mid 20s radios, wood, plastic and bakelite cabinets, a number of Zenith Transoceanics. There will be some clocks and miscellaneous items and boxes of parts. The bulk of the collection is still unrestored and there are many duplicates of certain radios.

Happy Collecting.

Mark7

I am not exactly a dummy when it comes to Auction.zip and google searching for auctioneers in the Jacksonville, NC area with a key word of Radio. Well the search came up with 238 auctions containing the word RADIO within 50 mile radius of Jacksonville, NC I like most others reading this bit find it nearly worthless. If you would just state the NAME of the auctioneer or his Auction.zip auctioneer number then all of us could find it and watch to see if anything comes up we have an interest in. One would think that if your a friend of the deceased or his widow that you would be interested in seeing lots of people view the auction information.

John k9uwa

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 12:49 am 

Damn, WI must be a wasteland. We have 4 here the whole month of May.

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 1:11 am 

bullseyeguyz wrote:
Damn, WI must be a wasteland. We have 4 here the whole month of May.

Are you sure your search didn't say this?

Attachment:
azwi.jpg
azwi.jpg [ 77.82 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]

That, plus there aren't usually auctions on holiday weekends, and we are near the end of the month.

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 3:38 pm 

markskala wrote:

How about just posting a link to the auction when the details are available. It sure would make it a lot easier for everybody to find it.

Last edited by Indiana Radios on May Sun 26, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 3:58 pm 

This might be it; the lifelong collection for the estate of Brian J. Graniero.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3288877.html?kwd=radio&zip=28544&category=1

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 4:12 pm 

Thanks, Larry.

Didn't see anything of any real value there, just a lot of fairly common radios in so-so condition.

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 4:50 pm 

I saw a Philco Butterfly but it was photographed with two other radios. You'd think that radio would deserve its own photo. I'm not impressed with the photography.

PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 4:57 pm 

Yeah, nothing but the same-old, same-old but in fairly good condition. Nice RCA console, Philco 45 "Butterfly", and Gilfillan tombstone radios. Those will sell well but most of the collection seems to consist mostly of Ebay and swap meet fodder. Tubes and parts will probably draw more internist.

PostPosted: May Mon 27, 2019 1:57 am 

20's battery sets seem to be in pretty good condition, the rest looks mostly flea market.

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/