Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise


It is currently Jul Tue 16, 2019 3:21 am


All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 1:38 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov Wed 21, 2012 3:28 am
Posts: 89
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Greetings all!
I wanted to make fellow collectors aware of a large auction taking place in June, actual day to be announced. The auction is taking place in Jacksonville,NC. The widow of a longtime collector has decided to let the collection go. At this time I will not disclose the name of the family but I am certain there are members here who would recognize it. I am helping the wife consolidate the collection in one area and prepare them for transport by the auction company. There are plans to advertise nationwide. Keep an eye on auctionzip for future details. Although I know the auction company I am not sure they know exactly what some of these radios are.

Many of these radios have been meticulously restored and are absolutely beautiful! Some have been upgraded with Bluetooth. A number of Crosley radios are included, many early and mid 20s radios, wood, plastic and bakelite cabinets, a number of Zenith Transoceanics. There will be some clocks and miscellaneous items and boxes of parts. The bulk of the collection is still unrestored and there are many duplicates of certain radios.

Keep an eye out because this is a LARGE collection.

Happy Collecting.

Mark7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 6:46 pm 
Member

Joined: Sep Fri 07, 2007 2:27 am
Posts: 6047
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
markskala wrote:
Keep an eye on auctionzip for future details.

Umm, no. Why make it difficult for everyone?

Please come back here and give us the link when it's available.

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 7:26 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov Wed 21, 2012 3:28 am
Posts: 89
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Umm, well, I gave you all a heads up to a fantastic collection; I didn't have to do this at all. A simple, " thanks for the heads up" would have been considerate. You're welcome. If I am able between my travels, i will post the link. As far as I know people will be able to call and or email their bids. Again, if I can update I will.

Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 20, 2019 8:23 pm 
Member

Joined: Sep Fri 07, 2007 2:27 am
Posts: 6047
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
Mark, I meant no disrespect.

But for each of us that may be interested in the auction having to repeatedly go to auctionzip, and look for an auction in NC, from a company that you know the name of but haven't named, on a date we don't know of, of an estate that you won't name, when you are going to be aware of the event anyway is making a lot of work for us. You've given us the tease, and yes, thank you for that. But please do a proper follow-up to save us all from the unnecessary busywork. If you really want to make fellow collectors aware, you need to share the details.

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 1:07 am 
Member

Joined: Dec Mon 11, 2017 12:30 am
Posts: 130
Wow what's the big deal just type in a keyword search for antique radios and auction zip sends you an email. Wow! You want it on a silver platter too.Thanks Mark for the heads up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 1:11 am 
Member

Joined: Sep Fri 07, 2007 2:27 am
Posts: 6047
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
kurt1618 wrote:
Wow what's the big deal just type in a keyword search for antique radios and auction zip sends you an email. Wow! You want it on a silver platter too.Thanks Mark for the heads up.

Lighten up, Kurt. No need to be starting fights around here.

My interest was in this particular auction, I have no need to see the many notices I'd get for any antique radios at auction elsewhere.

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Tue 21, 2019 1:19 am 
Member

Joined: Dec Mon 11, 2017 12:30 am
Posts: 130
Fight? I'm sure you can kick my butt. Just pointing out how that sounded and the way it was delivered. So I'm light.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sat 25, 2019 5:18 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun Wed 14, 2006 11:49 pm
Posts: 7569
Location: Leo, IN or Zellwood, FL
markskala wrote:
Greetings all!
I wanted to make fellow collectors aware of a large auction taking place in June, actual day to be announced. The auction is taking place in Jacksonville,NC. The widow of a longtime collector has decided to let the collection go. At this time I will not disclose the name of the family but I am certain there are members here who would recognize it. I am helping the wife consolidate the collection in one area and prepare them for transport by the auction company. There are plans to advertise nationwide. Keep an eye on auctionzip for future details. Although I know the auction company I am not sure they know exactly what some of these radios are.

Many of these radios have been meticulously restored and are absolutely beautiful! Some have been upgraded with Bluetooth. A number of Crosley radios are included, many early and mid 20s radios, wood, plastic and bakelite cabinets, a number of Zenith Transoceanics. There will be some clocks and miscellaneous items and boxes of parts. The bulk of the collection is still unrestored and there are many duplicates of certain radios.

Keep an eye out because this is a LARGE collection.

Happy Collecting.

Mark7


I am not exactly a dummy when it comes to Auction.zip and google searching for auctioneers in the Jacksonville, NC area with a key word of Radio. Well the search came up with 238 auctions containing the word RADIO within 50 mile radius of Jacksonville, NC I like most others reading this bit find it nearly worthless. If you would just state the NAME of the auctioneer or his Auction.zip auctioneer number then all of us could find it and watch to see if anything comes up we have an interest in. One would think that if your a friend of the deceased or his widow that you would be interested in seeing lots of people view the auction information.

John k9uwa

_________________
http://www.JohnJeanAntiqueRadio.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 12:49 am 
Member

Joined: Jan Thu 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 2572
Location: Waukesha, WI
Damn, WI must be a wasteland. We have 4 here the whole month of May.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 1:11 am 
Member

Joined: Sep Fri 07, 2007 2:27 am
Posts: 6047
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
bullseyeguyz wrote:
Damn, WI must be a wasteland. We have 4 here the whole month of May.

Are you sure your search didn't say this?

Attachment:
azwi.jpg
azwi.jpg [ 77.82 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]


That, plus there aren't usually auctions on holiday weekends, and we are near the end of the month.

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 3:38 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Thu 14, 2006 3:27 pm
Posts: 12032
Location: Carmel, Indiana
markskala wrote:
Keep an eye out because this is a LARGE collection.


How about just posting a link to the auction when the details are available. It sure would make it a lot easier for everybody to find it.

_________________
Michael Feldt
www.indianaradios.com


Last edited by Indiana Radios on May Sun 26, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 3:58 pm 
Member

Joined: Aug Sat 08, 2015 9:50 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Fort Worth, TX 76108
This might be it; the lifelong collection for the estate of Brian J. Graniero.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3288877.html?kwd=radio&zip=28544&category=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 4:12 pm 
Member

Joined: Sep Fri 07, 2007 2:27 am
Posts: 6047
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
Thanks, Larry.

Didn't see anything of any real value there, just a lot of fairly common radios in so-so condition.

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 4:50 pm 
Member

Joined: Aug Sat 08, 2015 9:50 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Fort Worth, TX 76108
I saw a Philco Butterfly but it was photographed with two other radios. You'd think that radio would deserve its own photo. I'm not impressed with the photography.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Sun 26, 2019 4:57 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Thu 14, 2006 3:27 pm
Posts: 12032
Location: Carmel, Indiana
Yeah, nothing but the same-old, same-old but in fairly good condition. Nice RCA console, Philco 45 "Butterfly", and Gilfillan tombstone radios. Those will sell well but most of the collection seems to consist mostly of Ebay and swap meet fodder. Tubes and parts will probably draw more internist.

_________________
Michael Feldt
www.indianaradios.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: June Radio Auction
PostPosted: May Mon 27, 2019 1:57 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:23 am
Posts: 3275
Location: Plymouth, MI
20's battery sets seem to be in pretty good condition, the rest looks mostly flea market.

_________________
Dan

Museum Curator
https://roaringtwentiesantiqueradiomuseum.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  




























Privacy Policy :: Powered by phpBB