Forums :: NEW! Web Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sat 04, 2021 9:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kutztown XLIV - September 17-18
PostPosted: Sep Sat 25, 2021 1:12 am 

azenithnut wrote:
Barry H Bennett wrote:
Well, don't forget that it rained on and off all day Saturday.

Don't you mean Friday? It was quite dry Saturday, though I left about 11:00 AM. Steve

I don't know lol. One or the other of those days ..... Probably Friday. Every day is starting to seem the same to me ....

PostPosted: Oct Thu 28, 2021 10:24 am 

Sales at my booth were down SIGNIFICANTLY from previous years, despite a fair amount of apparent foot traffic.

Just plain awful.

PostPosted: Oct Thu 28, 2021 1:24 pm 

I suppose attendance was down some, kind of hard to compare one meet to another for me. I sold some nice items, some projects, got rid of a bunch of speakers I had in the stash and donated a number of items to the club. As a "mature" collector (Old!) I have not been looking for too much, but did get a prearranged 12-tube Walton and a 10S130, and in a weak moment a 9-tube Walton and a nice Silvertone table model radio. So for me the meet was a resounding success even at a little over 1,400 miles round trip.

Took a new collector to his first Kutztown and he was overwhelmed and will be returning in May, and so will I.

Regardless of the figures and perhaps some disappointment in sales, it is still the one to attend. I am going to get some good stuff reay for the Spring meet.

Joe

PostPosted: Oct Sun 31, 2021 12:09 pm 

Guys did anyone know if the RCA10t sold at the show? Does anyone know who had it for sale? If I would of attended the show I would of been interested in buying it. Well maybe in the spring.....Let me if you guys remember. :wink:

PostPosted: Oct Sun 31, 2021 1:49 pm 

PhilcoJohn wrote:
Guys did anyone know if the RCA10t sold at the show? Does anyone know who had it for sale? ......Let me if you guys remember.......
PhilcoJohn, my buddy from TN had a nice 10T at the show, I'm not sure if he sold it, but I'll ask him. Email me your contact info (hit the email button below) and I'll let you know.

Edit: I'm sorry, it is a 9T that he had, and still has it.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 65 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4