Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Sat 24, 2019 7:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hickok blue "hammertone" paint
PostPosted: Apr Tue 22, 2003 7:07 pm 

Is there anyone who sells a similar blue hammertone paint like what Hickok used on their metal VTVM, sig. gen., etc. cabinets?<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2003 9:30 am 

I have a decent amount of experience painting with cans and artist airbrushes.In fact, that skill once part of a job description for me so I had to get "professional" results.<P>But,I find these hammertone paints a bit tricky to use.I have a tough time getting just the right amount of hammer effect,throughout the entire cabinet I am painting.<BR>Some areas have a nice hammered effect while others appear to have very little such an effect,even though I do strive mightily to achieve a perfectly even laying down of the paint.<BR>Anybody out there got any expert tips on hammertone?<BR>Malcolm Leonard<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2003 3:07 pm 

Maybe related to settling of the paint in the can while you're spraying? Dunno what to do about it.<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2003 4:06 am 

Hickok 533a tubetester<BR>I have replaced the thumb wheel and the<BR>roll chart. The problem i am haveing i cant get roll chart to do right before i get to each end it gets tight and quites turning.<BR>I have made a lot of adjustments and just cant get to work.<BR>Thanking all who reply in advance<BR>George Kirk<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Apr Fri 25, 2003 4:52 am 

This is a common problem. Remove the rolls and wind all the chart onto 1 roll. Don't wind tightly. Reinstall with some slack in the chart. This usually cures the problem.<P>------------------<BR>