Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 19, 2019 1:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Magnavox Micromatic - W801 - Tonearm Problem/Need Manual
PostPosted: Feb Wed 17, 2010 3:47 pm 

I have a Magnavox Micromatic Model W801/01/00. The Ref No 6927. There is another number I believe which may be the serial number: 00946.

When the tonearm automatically sets down on the record it sets down too close to the edge of the record. Can't locate an adjustment to bring it in a little. There is a screw on the right side of the tonearm head (pointed slightly forward) that does not seem to have any effect on any function?

1. Is there a way to adjust the tone arm set-down position?
2. What is this screw I mention for?
3. Anyone have a manual?

This turntable is part of a large cabinet with stereo system. Solid State. And has been in the family since the 60s or 70s (I believe).

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 18, 2010 7:55 pm 

Here's the Magnavox Service Manual for your turntable, this service manual should work for all Magnavox single idler turntables...

Last edited by Randy Bassham on Feb Fri 19, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 18, 2010 10:46 pm 

I'd start with flushing and relubing the mech because that old grease & oil is shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Fri 19, 2010 5:01 am 

Thank you very much for the manual. Great reference! Looking at Figure 1 "A"- I see that the Tone Arm (set-down) Position Adjustment Screw (#104) is actually the same screw which I had tried and did not have any effect. Perhaps some cleaning/lubrication is needed behind this screw?

Also, there is a missing spring -- I believe it may be #117 (Tone Arm Positioning Spring) -- I don't know what affect this spring has on the performance of the tone arm -- and whether related to the set down problem? (setting down too close to the record edge) or to the fact that the adjustment screw is not working?

Post subject: Re: Magnavox Micromatic - W801 - Tonearm Problem/Need Manual
PostPosted: Dec Thu 29, 2016 10:12 pm 

Hello, I have this same console with same autochanger. i have been recently having aproblem playing new vinyl. At about a minute into the play (just as the tone arm passes all the way onto the record it skips in the same place on almost every record. Any ideas about what might be going on here?

Thank You for yall time

PostPosted: Sep Sat 01, 2018 9:21 pm 

I have a Magnavox Astrosonic model 1p3622 2nd run. The previous owner changed out the turntable, which is now broken. It appears the w801, w802, w812 will work. My thought is to buy a old Magnavox that I can buy for $40-$50 and use that turntable. My question is what year/models came with those turntables. Thanks

PostPosted: Sep Sun 02, 2018 1:54 am 

I purchased a new Magnavox W800 series Micromatic TT bundled with a model 1500 stereo system in I believe it was 1972. See if you can find a Magnavox catalog for that model year and I'd bet you'll get some leads on a replacement.

PostPosted: Oct Wed 30, 2019 1:55 pm 

I am not sure to whom this THANK YOU should go. The reply email should go to lorenz200w. I'm not sure how to reply directly to lorenz200w. I did receive the download. Thank you so much.

John