Antique Radio Resources: Radio History
Top : Radio History
Add a Resource |
Modify a Resource |
What's New |
What's Hot |
Random Link |
- A History of the NBC Chimes - A look at three famous notes of broadcasting history, the origin of the NBC Chimes.
(Added: 24-Jun-2001 Hits: 1141)
- Marconi 's Reperts by Sierra Papa Group - Fascinating photos and information on the life of Guglielmo Marconi and early radio. In English (also available in Italian).
(Added: 25-Nov-2000 Hits: 147)
- Motorola Historical Timeline - An overview of Motorola from it's beginnings as the Galvin Manufacturing Co. in the 1920s through today.
(Added: 30-Nov-1998 Hits: 572)
- Nathan Stubblefield - Kentucky farmer invents wireless telephone! But was it radio? Facts and folklore about Nathan Stubblefield by Bob Lochte.
(Added: 13-Jul-2001 Hits: 58)
- Skywaves - Early AM and Shortwave Radio
(Added: 17-Apr-1998 Hits: 338)
- St. Louis Radio History - An ongoing project tracing the history of St. Louis radio and the people who made it happen.
(Added: 11-Jan-2001 Hits: 56)
- The Broadcast Archive - Historical materials on both pioneer and current broadcast radio stations. While the emphasis is on professional broadcasting, there are links to early amateur broadcasting that are important, as well as various companies that realized the value of radio early on.
(Added: 17-Apr-1998 Hits: 377)
- The RCA Story - From modest beginnings with fellow high school science professor Edwin Houston, Elihu Thomson built one of the leading electrical companies of the ninteenth century. Follow it's transformation with phonographs, then radio and television as it became the Radio Corporation of America.
(Added: 15-Jun-1998 Hits: 654)
- United States Early Radio History - Articles and extracts about early radio and related technologies, concentrating on the United States in the period from 1900 to 1925.
(Added: 13-Nov-1998 Hits: 575)
- Vintage Amateur Radio Stations - Site is dedicated to the construction and operation of Vintage Amateur Radio Stations of the 1920's and 1930's era. Both authentic stations and those of the Homebrew kind are featured here including transmitters, receivers, and vintage power sources.
(Added: 29-Dec-2001 Hits: 47)
- WHAM Radio in Rochester, New York - WHAM went on the air in 1922 under the ownership of George Eastman and Frank Gannett. History section of this site includes pictures and audio.
(Added: 13-Dec-2000 Hits: 85)